End button/endless texting prob

This is a discussion on End button/endless texting prob within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I searched the threads here and found mention of the main issue my wife and I have both had on are phones since the 2.2 ...

Thread: End button/endless texting prob

I searched the threads here and found mention of the main issue my wife and I have both had on are phones since the 2.2 update, but I figured I'd raise it on its own. My wife's phone is worse than mine though I've experienced the same thing, namely, the End button does not end a call and instead freezes up requiring a reboot to get out of it AND sometimes when texts are sent, the indicator in either the stock program or Handcent SMS shows keeps showing that the text is "sending".

I've wiped the SD cards clean on both phones, performed the Factory Reset twice on mine and three times on hers, and played endlessly with settings to try and find a common thread. The biggest problem is that you never know when the phone is or is not receiving calls or texts because it just sits there like normal...only after a reboot do you realize that you have messages/missed calls/voicemails etc. We have a daughter in college and it's driving my wife crazy that she feels out of touch because she doesn't know whether the phone is working or not.

Anybody have and/or solve this problem?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did you check the option "Power Button Ends Call" under Settings > Accessibility?

For texts, have you dialed *228, option 2 to update your roaming/locate your closest tower? Although this solution seems a little light for what you describe. To happen to both phones is very strange. Have you called VW?

Thanks Qasar...I have screwed around with that new option in "Accessibility", and I've called *228 and chosen option 1 and 2 a number of times after doing factory resets. The next step certainly seems to be a call to VZW unless anybody else out there came upon a solution.

Android Jr Member David Sevigny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattigans View Post
    Thanks Qasar...I have screwed around with that new option in "Accessibility", and I've called *228 and chosen option 1 and 2 a number of times after doing factory resets. The next step certainly seems to be a call to VZW unless anybody else out there came upon a solution.

have you considered the commonality of handcent? perhaps try a control test without handcent. 2 give the wife piece of mind, let her remove handcent. might make her feel better.

i do not use it. not because of any bad experience, or educated conclusion. just haven't found the need. i have heard only great things.

it's worth a try.

My wife doesn't have Handcent and never did...she called VZW today and got instructions to do a different type of reset. Only time will tell if the problem is solved though my phone has been doing OK.

A new type of reset?
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by mattigans View Post
    My wife doesn't have Handcent and never did...she called VZW today and got instructions to do a different type of reset. Only time will tell if the problem is solved though my phone has been doing OK.

I had a similar issue a few months ago and I got lucky speaking to some VZW people that knew what they were talking about: it turned out not to be the phone but an issue with a tower closest to where I live. My service returned to normal after a day. They verified this within an hour and even called me back to make sure my issues was resolved! Not sure if this applies, but maybe speak to a rep that can have your closest tower checked? In any case, update us. I am as curious as AA, what was this *different reset* ?

I was only aware of the Settings>Privacy>Factory Reset way of doing it, but the VZW person told her to hold the home+volume up+power buttons with the phone turned off until the reset started. I'm no egghead, but it seems to me they would have to do the same thing.

Since I last posted, our phones have sucked. What Intrimazz says is interesting, and thanks by the way. The only thing our phones have in common is that we are on the same VZW account and share our "home" cell site. We have different apps, settings, and usage. However, I'm curious as to why the problems would start after the Froyo OTA update if it's a problem with the tower.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links