Froyo Questions-App2SD and Lockscreen

This is a discussion on Froyo Questions-App2SD and Lockscreen within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Well, I finally got around to updating to Froyo. Mainly because my phone was constantly rebooting and a few Kernal Panics and a lot of ...

Thread: Froyo Questions-App2SD and Lockscreen

Well, I finally got around to updating to Froyo. Mainly because my phone was constantly rebooting and a few Kernal Panics and a lot of FCs. I was using the Velocity .3 ROM which I absolutely loved. It apparently didn't like my phone though. :-) I tried re-flashing it a few times and it never would work right for more than a week. And, I'm not bashing the developers here. I think it's an excellent ROM.

Anywho...took the time Saturday to use the instructions at Androidforum.com to updating to Froyo. It took me two tries to get it but the first time was my fault. Then I proceeded to root my phone using the same instructions. Worked like a charm. Finally, I installed Velocity 1.0 and was blown away. It was literally the first ROM that I could tell a drastic improvement for my phone. Again, not bashing the developers. Just an observation for my phone personally.

I immediately starting re-installing my apps and I noticed a few differences between Froyo's Apps2SD and the one that was with Velocity .3 for Android 2.1. While I know it is up the app developers discretion about whether you can move their apps to sd, I've only been able to move two of mine. Pandora and Shopsavvy. My internal space is down to 17MB whereas with Velocity .3, apparently the majority of my apps were on the SD card because I was never that low on internal space. Has anyone else run into such a drastic difference between Velocity .3 Apps2SD and Froyo's? Is there a way to force move some apps to SD on a rooted phone? I'm guessing now that possibly some of the apps that were on my SD card with Velocity .3 were so unstable being on there, that maybe that was what was causing all my problems.

One other thing that other people have already pointed out is the messages notification on the lockscreen. If you're using Handcent or ChompSMS, that is somewhat annoying to see. Has anyone figured out how to remove it from the lockscreen? One thing I did was install the GOTO lockscreen which I really like. The only thing I don't like it the fact the stock lockscreen makes its way back every so often or pops up for a second before the GOTO lockscreen comes on. Is there a way to completely disable the stock lockscreen without totally making the phone go haywire?

Thanks in advance. I searched the forum but didn't find answers to these questions.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Vol - go into settings, location & security, set up screen lock - select first option (none, disable screen unlock security).

Thanks Taz but I was actually looking for a way to completely disable the stock lockscreen so I would only have to GOTO lockscreen. But, after using the phone all day today with the GOTO lockscreen, I've decided to just go back to stock. The GOTO has nice features but is a little too buggy for me.

1. Besides the fact it still allows the stock lockscreen to come on sometimes, I also noticed the screen would be on for no reason whenever I pulled my phone out of my case. Not all the time but too much for my liking.

2. There's no option for GOTO lockscreen timeout like there is with the stock lockscreen. Sometimes it would go off quickly, other times it wouldn't at all.

3. The weather temp that's integrated in the GOTO lockscreen only updates every three hours. For me, had not updated since 7:15am. Not a show stopper but very annoying.

4. The final straw was when I noticed my icons and widgets would take a while to show up after unlocking. That was just downright annoying and totally unacceptable, IMO.

I guess I will live the message notifications in the stock lockscreen. :-(

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Since you're on Velocity 1.0, you can use the scripts in the terminal to set where to install apps to, internal, external(sd), or auto. You should then be able to manually move other apps to the sd card.

If that doesn't work try Move2sd from the Market. That will let you move apps that aren't normally available to move.

I've never messed with the scripts before. Where can I find a list of the scripts and commands? Do you have a link?

In terminal type "su" then "Velocity"

It'll bring up a list of commands. It's very straight forward and self explanitory.

Thanks! I'll take a look at it.

One last question...if I change the setting to move them to SD card, it says SETTING TO SDCARD. Is it moving them automatically or does it just move any installed app from this point forward?

It'll try do it for future apps. Anything currently installed will have to be moved manually or with an app from the Market.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links