So long, farewell

This is a discussion on So long, farewell within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Folks, I'd like to tell everyone that it's been nice discussing the Ally with you all. I used the phone from July through February of ...

Thread: So long, farewell

Folks, I'd like to tell everyone that it's been nice discussing the Ally with you all. I used the phone from July through February of this year. After the update, I experienced several issues with the phone freezing, or responding much too slowly to be of any use. So, my wife renewed her contract and passed along her Droid X. I restored the phone and activated it with my number. 1 ghz processor, 6 Gigs of on board memory, 32 Gig memory card installed, 8 mp camera, 720 HD video recording. This thing is a beast, and only five months old.

The Ally was a great little phone, and I still prefer physical keyboards, but my new phone is simply so much faster, which I need for work purposes. So, so long and farewell, all. Take care.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It was great having you on board Glock....take care and enjoy the new toy!

See ya Glockman.
    Motorola Droid 4

Take care, Glockman. And know that a working Ally is still fetching $100 to $150 on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    Take care, Glockman. And know that a working Ally is still fetching 0 to 0 on eBay.

Seriously? I'll have to look into that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman39 View Post
    Seriously? I'll have to look into that. Thanks.

Yup! I was looking for a digitizer replacement so thought even a broken Ally could be bought for parts. To my surprise broken Ally phones were fetching $60 to $80, and working Ally phones were $100 to as much as $200. Mostly they sold from $130 to $160. These were described as "working, Mint Condition." GL!

BTW, my new digitizer was $33.99 + free shipping.

I got into my Ally for $29, the sucker price at Sam's club. I've learned a lot but think that I will have to go to a Nexus to do serious Android program testing. Though possible on the Ally, it is just to hard FOUR device drivers on my computer to use the Ally as a test device! And I haven't got them working consistently yet.after a good month of trying!

best to all.

As the life cycle of the Ally comes to a close, we'll be seeing more of these posts. I'm moving on in July or August, or whenever Verizon wants to make me a sweet deal on another Android phone. But I'm loyal to the platform, at least until someone comes up with something much better. For now, Android is hands-down the best smartphone OS on the market, IMHO.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Unfortunately I'll most likely be with the Ally until May next year. Damn, but I knew it coming in.

I loved my Ally in the beginning, but need something faster. Moving to a Droid X or Thunderbolt soon. I won't leave the droid platform though. Love the apps.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links