hanging up in Froyo

This is a discussion on hanging up in Froyo within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; OK, my phone has hung up twice today for no apparent reason at entirely different places..One I was trying to manage some apps (remove troublesome ...

Thread: hanging up in Froyo

OK, my phone has hung up twice today for no apparent reason at entirely different places..One I was trying to manage some apps (remove troublesome ones like DG Alert Classic and re-install) and once when I slid the phone closed on the home screen.

Froyo has not been very stable on my phone since I got it. I am trying to be methodical and remove/install one app at a time to see if it is the cause. A few days ago I removed Handcent, but it doesn't seem to be the issue so I am gonna try the next one on my random list...in this case I think I am gonna remove the Free ATK (Froyo version) and see if that makes any difference..it doesn't matter how often I autokill tasks, I've always got BA Assistant, all the Social BS Apps I dont' use, Google Maps and all these other tasks running, so they might as well run free...you can't control any of the Verizon & LG BLOATWARE so what is the point of a task killer.? ? ?? ? ? ? ???!?!?! ?

OK, sorry for the rant..back to two-thumbs on the Ally keyboard and application removal.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did you do a factory reset after you installed Froyo? If not you might need to do that and see what happens. This has helped some folks in the past.

setting a task killer to an aggressive auto kill setting can be a source of instability, you could be killing app processes that are essential for some programs to use

don't use the task killer and see if you still get the instablility, we already have many "should I use a task killer or not threads" on this forum so I suggest a search of these forums or google so you can make an informed decision if you even need to use a task killer or how to set one up correctly

like sherongb suggests after updating to 2.2.1 I did a factory reset and formatted my SD card and my Ally has run with zero problems since the update (knock on wood)

HI....Yes, based on the good info found in this forum, I have done a factory reset, but I have NOT re-formatted my SD card yet.

The SD card format is on my list of things to do when I get one of those little domaflachies to put my micro SD card into so I can stuff it in a card reader & backup the data.

I have used the Free ATK for a while and generally find it useful & pretty sure I had it on the "safe" setting, but that is a different version of the Free ATK than I was running under 2.1. I am just trying to think of any other 'new' apps I've installed that may be causing my instability...BF (Before Froyo) I was pretty happy with the phone's stability and I was running a lot of crap on it. Now, it sometimes screen flashes or hangs up just exiting out of every day things like the damn text messaging app.

Thanks for the responses...I was mostly just whining..I'll get the SD card reformatted and see if that helps...there are so many idiosyncrasies to the process it is hard to be methodical.

You can use the USB cable that is part of the charger to connect the phone to the computer. Then you should be able to back it up. If it is not working check the USB debugging and if it is checked uncheck it, if it is unchecked check it (I can't remember which way it is supposed to go to work so if it is not working try it the other way).

thanks..I have my buddy's micro SD card reader...pretty cool little thing..looks like an SD card slot in a USB thumb drive that the micro SD slides into..whammo!

Now, that I've backed up the data to the PC, how do you format it? Do I just wipe it out on my PC and let the Andriod OS format it to what it wants when it remounts? Inside SD card settings I cannot re-format..it is greyed out.?

I know, I know...I am off to go search.

Now that is stupid...you "unmount" it, then you format?

And you expected it to make sense? Why?

Post iPHONE 4 32GB Sim Lock Free For Sale

Apple Iphone 4G 32GB Unlocked Phone $350USD

Apple iPhone 4G , built-in 3 Megapixel Camera and digital compass, let you do everything on iPhone 4G is up to 2x faster and more responsive than iPhone 3G. Shoot and edit a mini-masterpiece right on iPhone 4G . Record high-quality video, trim it to the perfect length, and share it any way you want with 3G connection.

package Content:

1 Apple iPhone 4G Phone
    1 Battery
    1 Charger
    1 Data Cable
    1 Stereo Handsfree
    1 User's Guide

Interested buyers should contact us directly on:

EMAIL: baderelect73@yahoo.com

EMAIL: baderelect73@yahoo.com

CHAT ON YAHOO MESSANGER: EMAIL: baderelect73@yahoo.com

Remove Ads