So Long Ally

This is a discussion on So Long Ally within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I just jumped ship to the Droid X. Love it!!! No more worrying about internal space and this thing is lightning fast compared to the ...

Thread: So Long Ally

I just jumped ship to the Droid X. Love it!!! No more worrying about internal space and this thing is lightning fast compared to the Ally. The Ally was a great little phone but it was time for something bigger and faster. I appreciate all the assistance I have received and it was an honor to have been able to assist you. peace Out.....

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It was nice doing business with ya marioval!

I'm about six months away from an upgrade. I wish Verizon offered more top-shelf Android phones with a physical keyboard. Call me old-fashioned... If I could upgrade tomorrow, it would be to a moto droid II global. the processor is twice as fast as the 600 mhz dinosaur in the ally.

... And not quite three months later, I'm outta here too.

I upgraded to the Droid X2. No more sweating how many megs of internal memory I have, no more agonizing while I waited for icons and widgets to reappear after swiping from one home screen to the next. No more 3.2 megapixel camera. Also no more hard keyboard. That was the biggest leap of faith for me. But so far, on a 4.3-inch screen, the virtual keyboard hasn't been nearly as difficult as I feared it would be.

And another interesting note I learned today: The screen is made of Gorilla Glass. So far, the two smartphones I have purchase both boasted of "tempered" or "scratch-resistant" qualities. I'm thinking that's Verizon's code for Gorilla Glass, without actually having to name a glass vendor.

Downsides to the X2? Sure. No front-facing camera, and the biggie: no 4G LTE. But, respectfully, coming from the Ally I feel like I've graduated from a tricycle to a Yamaha (the motorcycle, not the car).

Best regards, all. Maybe we'll bump into each other somewhere else along the cell-phone trail.

See ya John23ally, good luck with the Droid X2.

I still have 7 months to go with the Ally before I can upgrade.
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I've got untim next March or May. Hope the DX2 works out for you. A good friend just picked one up too.

My daughter cannot wait til I pick up the, "Bionic". She already has a skin picked out for this Ally...

i'll be done with the ally as soon as a better 4g phone comes out and i have $200+ for a phone. cant wait.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I recently ordered an Incredible 2. It'll arrive in a few days(damn weekends). I will miss the Ally community.

Twitter
    @milkmac9
    i still have like 6 months or somthing like that ill be here for a while if theres not going to be a better phone in the future im getting motorola droid 3
    Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Droid X2

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links