VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade?

This is a discussion on VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; what is the app called?...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade?

what is the app called?

Just a thought: I am aware that there is the Android Market and that there is a Verizon Market. For those who have tried "the Market" I would ask Which market did you try? Did you try both? If you only tried the Android Market I would suggest you try the Verizon Market.

And hopefully they notify people in other ways. I don't use text messaging and have it blocked as I was getting text messages from people I didn't know, then being asked to pay for the text messages. So I had it blocked. I'm not paying because people enter the wrong number.

I used the Android Market and the app is called Upgrade Utility for Ally and it's made by LG Electronics, Inc

Quote Originally Posted by Cor_en_fa View Post
    I used the Android Market and the app is called Upgrade Utility for Ally and it's made by LG Electronics, Inc

OK, i got curious so i went ahead and clicked the link in the text ...... link took me directly to the Android market, and yes it is 'Upgrade Utility for Ally' app, mentioned above by Cor en fa. Also on the install screen were several reviews - split evenly between "yes it's valid, OK to install" and 'no, it's NOT valid" - someone posted they called LG and was advised that LG has NO upgrade coming.... so either way i'm not installing the utility app yet til i know more....

I just now got the text for it. The text looks like it came from Verizon and the app appears to be legit but I am going to check it out more when I get home. I have not been to LG's Forum in a few months so I will stop by there and see what is up. This isn't the way they normally do things.
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Jr Member RedDroid_lgally's Avatar
    http://support.vzw.com/system_update/lg_ally.html It appears to be legit, I haven't tried to see if it works, many of the items listed on the PDF describing the benefits point to Android 2.2.2.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDroid View Post
    http://support.vzw.c...te/lg_ally.html It appears to be legit, I haven't tried to see if it works, many of the items listed on the PDF describing the benefits point to Android 2.2.2.

AH! thanks RedDroid - ok NOW i get it - this is not an LG sw update, it's from Verizon - no wonder LG knows nothing about it .... only the utility app is from LG.......

Android Jr Member RedDroid_lgally's Avatar
    I noticed a comment on the rating the application in the Market and someone identified himself as an LG employee, he said the update was not supposed to come out til next week originally, but was released early. Also saw on the LG forum that there is a 2.2.2 update for the Vortex.

I was leery of responding to a text, too. It is an unusual way to notify us. But, thanks to you all here tonight, it sounds like a "go".

Same with mine. I clicked it and downloaded the app. When you run the app, it says that the update has not yet arrived; the text said that it was upcoming so this matches. Seems legit. hasn't done anything noticable to my phone.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links