VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade?

This is a discussion on VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Hi, my husband, my friend and I all got the text from Verizon today. My friend got it hours before my husband and I did. ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade?

Hi, my husband, my friend and I all got the text from Verizon today. My friend got it hours before my husband and I did. She clicked on the link and it took her to the android market where she clicked install. She said she got some kind of error message that said it was unable to install or update. So when I got the text, I searched the forum and was not satisfied that it was legit by what I read. So I called LG Electronics at 1-800-243-0000 and spoke to a guy in customer service. I asked him if it was legit and he said yes it was. He said click install and then you will receive an error message. That's it. Then we should expect the update in about a week. He said, you need to install the app to receive the update.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolett80 View Post
    Hi, my husband, my friend and I all got the text from Verizon today. My friend got it hours before my husband and I did. She clicked on the link and it took her to the android market where she clicked install. She said she got some kind of error message that said it was unable to install or update. So when I got the text, I searched the forum and was not satisfied that it was legit by what I read. So I called LG Electronics at 1-800-243-0000 and spoke to a guy in customer service. I asked him if it was legit and he said yes it was. He said click install and then you will receive an error message. That's it. Then we should expect the update in about a week. He said, you need to install the app to receive the update.

Thanks for that =3

NO WAY...Could it possibly be...

GINGERBREAD!?

Android Jr Member RedDroid_lgally's Avatar
    Ummmm....Computer says no...

No Gingerbread, just some sprinkles on top of the Froyo.

I read an article this week and it wasn't hopeful on the Ally ever getting Gingerbread.

I read that this update will only fix some text messaging and email problems and that's about it. None of which are effecting me personally. I really wish they would address the issues I and several other people are experiencing since the 2.2 update. Such as the phone lagging, running out of space when it shouldn't be, battery dying very quickly if phone is used and more. When I called LG customer service to ask about this update, I also asked about my battery. My battery has never been good since day 1 with this phone and has only gotten worse. I asked him, how many hours should I be getting with medium use. He said at least 8 hours. And that's with background data, gps and wifi on. I never get 8 hours even with background date, gps and wifi off. I told him that and he said that means I have a bad battery and need to go to Verizon and have them replace my phone. Easy for him to say. Verizon'sanswer to bad battery is a factory reset, not a phone replacement.I have already done 2 factory resets.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinton View Post
    NO WAY...Could it possibly be...

GINGERBREAD!?

Hahahahahahahahahaha

That's a good one.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by nicolett80 View Post
    I have already done 2 factory resets.

Only 2? I lost count of the number of resets I have done.
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Jr Member David Sevigny's Avatar
    i downloaded it. i will wait...if i hate what happens... this will be my reason 2 root., if possible. since i know flash will never come for the ally...then i will accept the results.

i also got the message, i downloaded the app from the market and I have installed the update......... now the phone function of my phone is not working worth a darn. everything else seems to be ok so far. The problem is the phone locks up so I can't make a call. It also wont let me answer an incoming call, I hear the ring but the screen stays black, so not sure whats going on and I haven't seen any post from anyone else even downloading the update yet. My phone now says it's version is 2.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by tlc View Post
    i also got the message, i downloaded the app from the market and I have installed the update......... now the phone function of my phone is not working worth a darn. everything else seems to be ok so far. The problem is the phone locks up so I can't make a call. It also wont let me answer an incoming call, I hear the ring but the screen stays black, so not sure whats going on and I haven't seen any post from anyone else even downloading the update yet. My phone now says it's version is 2.2.2

You installed the app and got the update already? How long after installing the app did you get the update? Was it OTA? The cust. Serv. Rep said the OTA update would be sent out in a week.

Even though I spoke to the rep and confirmed the app was ok to install, I still have not done it. I figured since I have some time and a few people are now having issues with their phone after installing it, I would just wait. I have the text from Verizon with the link saved.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links