VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade?

This is a discussion on VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Ally Android Only 2? I lost count of the number of resets I have done. Lol. Wow, that's terrible. My friend has ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Only 2? I lost count of the number of resets I have done.

Lol. Wow, that's terrible. My friend has sone 2 factory resets and had to get 2 replacement phones already. And she is starting to have problems again. So I guess I could have it worse.

If you are having trouble downloading the app, try using the native text-message app. I use Chomp, and every time I touched the link in the text message, it would grind for a few seconds, then say it couldn't find the app. Today, after seeing that so many of you had actually found the app, I tried going through the native messaging app and it went directly to the Upgrade Utility for Ally and I downloaded it, no sweat.

However, as of about two seconds ago, it's still telling me no upgrade is available; but I assume one will be, "soon."

In the meantime, anyone know what the differences are between 2.2.1 and 2.2.2?

Quote Originally Posted by RedDroid View Post
    http://support.vzw.c...te/lg_ally.html It appears to be legit, I haven't tried to see if it works, many of the items listed on the PDF describing the benefits point to Android 2.2.2.

Re. my previous post, just follow RedDroid's link and there's a good explanation of the changes. Or, at least as good as it's going to get from Verizon. :-/

But it is good to see them continuing to support the Ally. It's more than a year old, the processor is woefully underpowered, and the internal memory is a joke. Yet they keep selling it as an entry-level Droid-platform device, and we keep buying it. At least they are supporting it so, as the page says, we can "get the most" out of our phones. :-)

Android Jr Member RedDroid_lgally's Avatar
    John, Have you tried using your computer to go to http://market.android.com ? You can go show for apps on your computer screen, you can then click install and it pops into your phone. It's a lot easier in my book to look at and look up apps that way.

2.2.2 is basically just a patch, it corrects some errors and enhances the security of the phone. I wouldn't expect too much of a change.

I was going to try to install the update with the PC application, but my computer keeps thinking there is a driver missing when I put the phone in debugging mode. I tried a bunch of different ways and it says I need a LG Mobile USB Modem driver and someone at LG didn't know what that was. I used the PC application in January to update to Froyo with no problem, but since then I did some housekeeping on my PC and deleted all those drivers. My thinking was that when I needed to use the application again I could just re-install those drivers.

I'll just wait for the OTA update this next week.

I went to the Verizon store and asked about the text message. The guy there said it looks like one of their messages and that it's from the right number for Verizon messages, so I went ahead and installed it. The guy said I should get a message soon about an update. When I ran the application it said the update wasn't available yet. Verdict: seems good.

I will wait till I see more info on this,,,, I for one am not all that happy with the last update we got, yes I am glad we can now move apps to the SD card but my phone is SO much slower now,,, and something else that REALLY gets my goat, I have over 15mb of space on my phone showing and when it drops to 14 mb it will not let me receive text, keeps telling me I am LOW on phone memory,, WTP 14 mb is NOT enough???????????? Plus I have to completely shut my phone off at least once a week or it gets so slow I can't even answer a call because it is moving so slow,,, grrrrrrrrrrr .

well, based on the Verizon link that was posted here, showing what this update will do, i'm not going to even bother - none of it seems critical to my usage. i had no issues with the last OTA update to Froyo, my phone has always worked great, battery works fine, am not a huge power user or an app-guzzler, so no memory issues either -

so unless they make this somehow mandatory i'm not bothering with it -

I will wait till I see more info on this,,,, I for one am not all that happy with the last update we got, yes I am glad we can now move apps to the SD card but my phone is SO much slower now,,, and something else that REALLY gets my goat, I have over 15mb of space on my phone showing and when it drops to 14 mb it will not let me receive text, keeps telling me I am LOW on phone memory,, WTP 14 mb is NOT enough???????????? Plus I have to completely shut my phone off at least once a week or it gets so slow I can't even answer a call because it is moving so slow,,, grrrrrrrrrrr .

I have the same exact problem! I have 13 and if it drops by one, it won't let me send or receive text cuz it says I have no space and I need to delete files. Doesn't make any sense. That rarely happened to me before the update. And I had way more apps then. Becaus e this started happening to me after the update I have had to cut my apps down to 4 and it still keeps happening.

In other threads people have reported that you need 15 - 20 mg free for the phone to work properly. So here are some basic steps to take.

1. Go through every app and move those you can to the SD card.

2. Go to your email programs on the web and empty the trash.

3. Clear your cache's.

This should free up enough space to work OK. If you are still having problems let us know what problems you are having and perhaps someone will have another idea for you to try.

Quote Originally Posted by sherongb View Post
    In other threads people have reported that you need 15 - 20 mg free for the phone to work properly. So here are some basic steps to take.

1. Go through every app and move those you can to the SD card.

2. Go to your email programs on the web and empty the trash.

3. Clear your cache's.

This should free up enough space to work OK. If you are still having problems let us know what problems you are having and perhaps someone will have another idea for you to try.

I have already moved the ones I can to the SD card. And I clear cache every single day. I also delete all emails every couple days. And yet I still have the space problems. Sorry, I just think its a phone issue. Its ridicculous.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links