VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade?

This is a discussion on VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by catt well, based on the Verizon link that was posted here, showing what this update will do, i'm not going to even ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by catt View Post
    well, based on the Verizon link that was posted here, showing what this update will do, i'm not going to even bother - none of it seems critical to my usage. i had no issues with the last OTA update to Froyo, my phone has always worked great, battery works fine, am not a huge power user or an app-guzzler, so no memory issues either -

so unless they make this somehow mandatory i'm not bothering with it -

i read that it is mandatory; if you don't click install now, it will pop back up 30 minutes later until install now is clicked.

I updated mine via lgmobile update from my computer the other day and everything seems to be doing great.

went back to the app that vzn had us download it said the app was no longer needed and to uninstall it

so I installed the app as directed. It still is telling me that an update is not available. When will it be available or have I missed something? Will I also receive a text telling me that the update is available? Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by leftygirl View Post
    so I installed the app as directed. It still is telling me that an update is not available. When will it be available or have I missed something? Will I also receive a text telling me that the update is available? Thanks so much

I heard it would be coming out around the 3rd or the 4th. So people should be starting to get it now. But I haven't heard anything. You will not receive a text, it will happen just like all the other OTA updates.

Quote Originally Posted by leinincougar View Post
    i read that it is mandatory; if you don't click install now, it will pop back up 30 minutes later until install now is clicked.

I updated mine via lgmobile update from my computer the other day and everything seems to be doing great.

went back to the app that vzn had us download it said the app was no longer needed and to uninstall it

Have you noticed any improvements to the phone since installing the update?

Android Jr Member RedDroid_lgally's Avatar
    I just finished installing the update with the OTA update. Here's what I've seen so far.

The Good: No new LG or VZW crapware. Any that is there, (backup asst, amazon, LG Social, City ID, VVM, etc) keep the exact same version numbers as what came with Froyo. It also left my on phone data alone (I removed the SD card for the install). My home screens stayed the same and it appears that my settings are the same as well.

The Bad: Still can't disable or delete the crapware.

Most programs that were on the phone as version 2.2.1 have updated to 2.2.2 with some exceptions. The ones that stayed at 2.2.1 are not apps or programs that you manually open so I'm not all that concerned.

I never had SMS problems to my knowledge so I can't say if the referenced problem is fixed and I never had problems with the native email program. I haven't tried every function on my phone, but it all seems to be fine. If I notice anything, I will let you know.

Just finished my update and don't see anything different.
    Motorola Droid 4

Software update not yet available. Sounds like I'm not missing much anyways.

Fellow Ally 'enthusiasts' - thanks for this thread. I am almost as leery about unknown texts as phishing & spam e-mails these days. I ignored the text message and used the instructions sent with the Android update pushed by Verizon to install the LG update utility via the market. In this day and age, you can get spam on your phone as easily as e-mail..it is always good to be cautious.

The utility only took a minute from the market. So, I'll see what I think after my phone finishes the 12.7 MB download & reboots itself a few times.

Android Jr Member David Sevigny's Avatar
    mine is done. all went well. ive not noticed a difference yet. from my understanding its a sms and email update. i use the stock version of both so i should see something different today i imagine.

i will update.

OTA came thru this morning. Haven't seen anything different either.

My husband has not even installed the Upgrade Utility app from the market yet. I don't know if he will. Think he is tired of the updates causing more problems. I saw that someone said the update was mandatory, but if you never install the app, like my husband, then it can't be forced on you.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links