VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade?

This is a discussion on VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; If you are having trouble with the "Update Not Yet Available" message even though you have downloaded the upgrade app, just go to Settings/About Phone/System ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade?

If you are having trouble with the "Update Not Yet Available" message even though you have downloaded the upgrade app, just go to Settings/About Phone/System Updates and begin the installation from there.

I had to do that on my wife's phone but not on mine?

Otherwise, the update is a piece of cake compared to the Froyo conversion.

I upgraded this morning. The only change I've seen so far is my non gmail emails do not disappear after reading them at home and deleting them. I get emails during the day using my comcast email, I do not delete after reading because as you know we have to delete twice for each email. Until the update, I would go home at night read/delete my email using outlook, the next time I received (manual) comcast email on my phone all the old emails would automativcally disappear. I don't like this change!

phone says, 'Upgrade Utility for Ally' is no longer needed and to uninstall it... done.

I got the above mentioned text last week and downloaded it to my phone without any problems. Today, I got the upgrade to Android version 2.2.2.

I can't tell what the upgrade was for. Phone is running just as it had been before the upgrade, just fine!

The upgrade went through on my ally this morning. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary yet. One fellow here had trouble with his phone-calling function, so I gave mine a whirl just now. No problem...yet!

I thought the new update was fixing things that did not effect me personally. But I just realized it does and it hasn't fixed it and has made it worse.

What's happening, is whenever I read emails on my phone and delete them, they would go into the trash folder. Then I would have to go and delete them from my PC to get rid of the trash for good. And that was working since the 2.2 update. But now, since the recent update, which was supposed to fix this issue, they are not deleting at all. Whether I delete them from my phone or my PC, they stay there. Not only that, all the old ones from the last 3 months came back and I can't get rid of them. Help!

Got the update. No change on MY phone.

Got the update. I don't know what's different.

Well, now it seems like maybe the update helped my space issues I was having. Or it is just a coincedence. Right before the update, I was always getting messages that said my memory was low and could not send or receive text messages until I deleted an app or cleared cache. I had 12 mb of space at that time. Since the update, my free space has gone up, and I have not changed anything. Yesterday it was up to 18 mb. And today, after I cleared cache and forced apps close, it says I have 21 mb of free space. Weird. Anyone else having this happen to them?

i trusted the text message as soon as I found out this was a verizon-based update - since Vzn always sends text messages for everything they do, that made sense to me.

i did give in and installed the update, cause it would not shutup about it and kept reminding me, LOL -- no issues, and nothing noticeably different.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links