VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade?

This is a discussion on VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I looked around the forums to see if I could locate this topic and didn't see anything; moderators please advise if it is already listed ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VZN text message notifying of upcoming upgrade?

I looked around the forums to see if I could locate this topic and didn't see anything; moderators please advise if it is already listed somewhere!

I just got a text message from Verizon saying: "Your LG Ally will receive a software update soon. Before you can receive this update, your Ally needs to install a small app. Just click on this link to begin installation, then select 'market' --

and the link is provided. (http://market.android.com/details -... upgrade)

anyone know what this is about??

thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I just got the same text message. When I clicked on the link that was sent & went to market it wouldn't do anything. I've never gotten one like this before so it seems a little strange.

Me too, I don't like the looks of it..........

WD

Quote Originally Posted by wally dog View Post
    Me too, I don't like the looks of it..........

WD

Exactly.

since this hasn't been a common procedure for as long as i've had the phone, i also wondered about the validity - i did type the URL into my browser and it did pull up what looks like a legitimate webpage..... but still i thought i'd ask around before adding anything to the phone....

I have LG Tools installed on my computer... today it says there's a new version for the Ally, so there is definitely something to the text message we're receiving from Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Difalco View Post
    I have LG Tools installed on my computer... today it says there's a new version for the Ally, so there is definitely something to the text message we're receiving from Verizon.

I got this too....however I can't get to the "upgrade"....tried it on my PC and got the "404 error"

Quote Originally Posted by oldcoot View Post
    I got this too....however I can't get to the "upgrade"....tried it on my PC and got the "404 error"
    There's no telling.. rooted Ally so not allowing any updates till I know what it is. Friend is bringing her Ally over tonight and I'll see what's up with it then.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcoot View Post

strange - i typed it in my browser exactly as the link showed in the txt msg and it brought me to the webpage just fine....

i dunno -- i'm not doin anything with it yet either.

if the upgrade isn't available yet anyhow, ima just wait before installing this "small app".

i actually just got the text and didnt think anything was wrong so i clicked on the link and chose market and it said no such app could be found so i have no idea what to do about the whole upgrade. i tried it like 20 times and the same thing happened.

Another Android forum had a thread on the 24th saying that rumor had it that the ally was getting 2.2.2 so maybe that was correct and this is the precursor. I downloaded the tool from the market following the link, but it didn't initialize yet.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links