This is a discussion on 2.2.1 within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; So I did what it instructed me to do, but when it got to the phone needs to reboot screen for 15 min I let ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.2.1

So I did what it instructed me to do, but when it got to the phone needs to reboot screen for 15 min I let it sit like that it never rebooted so I shut it off and restarted it and the sw version is still 2.2.1...which is fine I'm merely pointing out that its not mandatory obviously should something change I'll hollar back but as of now my system is saying I'm up to date

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    If you did the update you should be on version 2.2.2. 2.2.1 is the Froyo the Ally originally had.

You have not been updated.

Same thing happened to me. How do we get update?

Thanks

Same problem, I would love it if someone could post a solution.

You might try updating through LG's support site with your phone connected to a PC.

LG Phone Software Update

This happened to me too. I went into the app drawer and selected the "Upgrade Utility for Ally" that you should have downloaded. That ran the update and my phone rebooted with 2.2.2. If you try running that app after 2.2.2 has been installed it will tell you that it is no longer needed and asks you to uninstall it.

Quote Originally Posted by anemone13 View Post
    This happened to me too. I went into the app drawer and selected the "Upgrade Utility for Ally" that you should have downloaded. That ran the update and my phone rebooted with 2.2.2. If you try running that app after 2.2.2 has been installed it will tell you that it is no longer needed and asks you to uninstall it.

Could you please explain the steps. BTW, I have a MAC, not a PC. Do you know if the process is different?

Quote Originally Posted by anemone13 View Post

I also had issues. It's been trying to download this upgrade for a few weeks now (I kept thinking, wow, what a lot of upgrades!). It kept trying to reboot & it never would on its own. So, I'd also try to turn it off & on again. It never did anything else, so I thought it was fine. However, I've been very busy lately & haven't been thinking straight. So, I would normally have caught on to this issue a lot earlier. So, I did this exactly (went to app drawer & clicked on "Upgrade Utility for Ally". It started to download & shut itself off & back on again. Now, I show I have 2.2.2. Thanks so much, anemone13!!

Oh, and I was not plugged into my computer.

So, my wife didn't follow my instructions and she never got the 2.2.2 update. Now the LG Ally Upgrade Utility is no longer available on the market.

Any suggestions? I am installing drivers & the LG Phone Support Utility now..maybe that will help me.

Did you try the link in message 5?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links