Extend battery life with settings change

This is a discussion on Extend battery life with settings change within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Some of you may have already done this but I found that my battery life almost doubled when I changed my email setting from automatically ...

Thread: Extend battery life with settings change

Android Jr Member stingrayracing's Avatar
    Some of you may have already done this but I found that my battery life almost doubled when I changed my email setting from automatically checking for new email to manually checking. I have two email accounts on my phone I had set to check every 15 minutes. I did not realize how much power it took to check my email accounts in the background. Now I have my email set to manual checking and my battery life went from about 40% at bed time to about 70%. I have been using the phone about the same too. Hope this helps someone.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
    Some of you may have already done this but I found that my battery life almost doubled when I changed my email setting from automatically checking for new email to manually checking. I have two email accounts on my phone I had set to check every 15 minutes. I did not realize how much power it took to check my email accounts in the background. Now I have my email set to manual checking and my battery life went from about 40% at bed time to about 70%. I have been using the phone about the same too. Hope this helps someone.

I agree. Doing that does help extend battery life. And so does keeping your brightness down as much as possible, keeping WiFi off when your not using it and keeping background data off if you can. And shutting off any notifications for apps or email, if you don't need them. Because they seem to drain the battery too. I did all these things on my first LG Ally and it helped extend my battery life a little but it also seemed to screw up my phone. But I can't be sure if that's what did it or not. Now I have a replacement phone and new battery and I have been keeping background data on but turned off my email notifications and my battery lasts all day and is working perfectly.

If Your mobile computer generates heat, and higher operating temperatures reduce your device efficiency click the battery status icon in the notification area of the taskbar to check the current chargebut you should avoid fully unavoidable circumstances.

-----------------------------

flexible led strip

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links