LG Ally...I HATE This Phone!!!

This is a discussion on LG Ally...I HATE This Phone!!! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I'm going to smash it SOON! Right now I have 4 notifications on my phone. 1) Text message memory full 2) Back up assistant- insufficient ...

Thread: LG Ally...I HATE This Phone!!!

Angry LG Ally...I HATE This Phone!!!

I'm going to smash it SOON!

Right now I have 4 notifications on my phone. 1) Text message memory full 2) Back up assistant- insufficient storage available 3) Google search- insufficient storage available 4) Low on space- phone storage space is getting low.

Good lord! I don't have any texts. I have deleted all call logs and text messages. I have deleted all apps that I can (even the ones that I used and loved) and I'm still getting these notifications. I have also deleted browsing history. Cleared cookies and caches.

I have deleted EVERYTHING that I can.

Is there anything I missed? Is there anything else I can do? My phone is basically useless....

Please help!!!

Also, I have deleted all updates on the apps that I can't remove because they come with the phone but they seem to just update themselves eventually and there is nothing I can do to make it stop?
    Last edited by CrystalS; 01-28-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: ETA more information.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm having the same issues. Its been going on for about 3-4 weeks now. I called customer service and she had me dial *228 to update my roaming capabilities but it hasn't helped at all. I'm calling tech support tomorrow to figure out what's going on. I hope they are able to move my upgrade date up since I'm due for one in April 2012. I hope something gets figured out!

Yup. Me too often. My Ally jams up at about 14 or 15 mb remaining internal memory. After doing all the same purging you mwntioned I found my email program was part of the problem. I Deleted messages after reading. Then they go to Trash. But that's still on the phone. Taking up memory. I had to then go to Trash folder and delete them a second time. Opens up a bunch memory and phone starts working ok again. Have to do this every couple weeks. IS a pain to delete from trash cause no way to just hit one button and the whole folder emptys. Have to do it in blocks of 15 or 20 at a time...

Try pulling the battery. I HATE THIS PHONE!!! This week's bug is to turn itself off every 10 minutes or so!!! Cannot wait to toss it

Not all email programs store things on the phone. Gmail doesn't. But if you use Yahoo email it does download it and store it on your phone. So clearing the trash there, as well as copies of sent messages, will help. One suggestion I have is to clear the trash, sent messages and spam messages from your computer first, that way you can just empty the trash and spam folder all at one time. After that ope the email program on the phone and allow it to sync, you may have to open each folder and give it time to sync.

This phone likes to have 20 mg internal memory free to function properly, if you have less you will have problems.

I use an app called App2 SD Pro. It lets me know if an app can be moved to the SD card, rather than remaining on the phone and it will ask if the cache can be cleared to free up more internal memory.

Backup assistant: I would get rid of the updates to it. I don't see any reason to use it. The only thing it backs up is your contact list and that is synced with your Gmail contacts list so why use the Backup Assistant?

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Another thing to do is clear your Dialer of all data. You'll lose your text messages and call log, but it'll free up a lot. Early builds of Android -- 2.0, 2.1, even early incarnations of 2.2 -- had a "leaking" issue where they wouldn't actually delete old texts, just claim they were gone. Boom, there they were, still in the memory, just unaccessible. Annoying as that guy sitting next to you on the airplane who thinks chili is a good pre-flight meal, but just as real. Back up important text/mms messages before doing this.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Twitter
    @milkmac9
    its probably best just to root it

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links