Welcome to the LG TMobile G2x Forum

This is a discussion on Welcome to the LG TMobile G2x Forum within the LG G2x forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I am planning on buying this phone on Friday, but now I am nervous about it with all I am reading about the freezing and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the LG TMobile G2x Forum

I am planning on buying this phone on Friday, but now I am nervous about it with all I am reading about the freezing and rebooting issues!!!! Is it worth it? A co-worker has the MyTouch 4G and loves it should I just go with that. So confused!!!!

That is one thing that I can say LG is good at besides quality products and that is they do not take things lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkers107 View Post
    I am planning on buying this phone on Friday, but now I am nervous about it with all I am reading about the freezing and rebooting issues!!!! Is it worth it? A co-worker has the MyTouch 4G and loves it should I just go with that. So confused!!!!
    It is worth it I think. If you can wait though you may want to check out the HTC Sensation. Also, if your looking for it too be quad band and work on AT&T network read this first. T-Mobile Says G2X Does Not Have Quadband HSPA+, Disappoints

Twitter
    droid1967
    this phone is great. it will get better the problem is the rom is not asop 2.2.2 fryo its the same crud on the optimus themed to be 2.2.2 so when gingerbread comes hopefully it will actually be asop. if not roms will be out. the phone scores 2500 aprox on quadrant out of the box. testing with a custom kernel not over clocked today is showing 3000-3100 and that not overclocked(so they say anyways).
    1 thing to think about regarding sensation and galxy x2 is they both have mhl connections where you sharre the usb and hdmi port. this spec does allow for chrging over the hdmi but there are no devices out now that will do this. video always runs a battery down and hdmi mirroring does so and in some cases is running the video on both the tv and the device. with the gx2 you can have hdmi on and charging at same time.
    I ran a 4 hour test and no overheating well do ing this. so ignore those that say it overheats. test if it does return it for another because it shouldnt.
    i have had 1 reboot in a week. and 4 others posted in a foum of having a reboot at the same approx time so it may have been a secret update or soemthing. ive had about 4 lockups needing a battery pull pretty sure they are launcher related.
    I think the people having most problems restored with titanium. that is nothing but problems.
    take the phone for a test drive you have 2 weeks. i dont think youll regret it.

All I know is that I purchased this for $149.99 which I heard got info from MythosLife.com: T-Mobile G2X by Google is Now Out for Purchase, bought this great speck fitted case, and now enjoying the use. I love it because it's dual core (first one ever) beside Atrix, 8 megapixel camera, HDMI connection, 4 inch screen, elegant design, Google Android OS with no interface on top like Samsung's TouchWiz, and more.

Great! Glad you enjoy it.

Sent from my T-959 using Android.net

Android Jr Member discombobulated's Avatar
    Overheating? I have not experienced any overheating issues... I did experience one issue when sound was not working because I unpluged HDMI cable while playing a game on my HDTV... but all I did was reboot it and it was fine and dandy again... the only issue I think is that it takes 8Megapixal pictures that it automatically resizes before sending it via MMS... I have not experienced any freezing issue... I turn off the satellite GPS to extend battery life even longer... the 4G speed is faster than my work internet.... I paid $250 (before rebate) at the T-mobile store though for an upgrade... other than that this phone is awesome so far... the power... great power comes with great responsibility!!
    Last edited by discombobulated; 04-30-2011 at 03:46 AM.

I'm having problems using video calls with yahoo messenger. The front camera doesn't work. Somebody have any idea?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Android.net

Cool :))))

I bought my phone and so far my daughter and I are thrilled with it!!!! I had one issue where I had to pull the battery, she has not had any issues with hers.

Hi will be getting my g2x in 2 days it's coming from Costco on line for 50 bucks with the t mobil 79 deal hope all works out well this will be my first smart phone and first time with t mobil

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links