Welcome to the LG TMobile G2x Forum

This is a discussion on Welcome to the LG TMobile G2x Forum within the LG G2x forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; We would like to welcome T-Mobile G2X users to the forum! This new area will be dedicated to all G2X Discussions....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the LG TMobile G2x Forum

Twitter
    droidforums

Welcome to the LG TMobile G2x Forum

We would like to welcome T-Mobile G2X users to the forum! This new area will be dedicated to all G2X Discussions.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    droid1967
    Geez am i the only one that bought this phone. other than the speaker being too quiet this phone rocks. already rooted and custom recovery available. waiting until im sure i will keep it. i have not had most of the probelsm people have reported. back light bleed a little not bothersome to me. no lock ups or reboots. it appears to be app related. only probelm i have is the speaker is about 1/10 the loudness of the droid. and this may be a killer to me its really bothersome since im use to a loud speaker. working hard to try to make it usable, because the rest of the phone is awesome 8mb down on 4g here is good for me LTE is faster but not as fast as tmobiles latest update hspa + but i dont think this phone supports it. and wont get verizons LTE until at least 2012.

nevermind found you need to turn on dts once on the speaker is fine.
    Last edited by Eagle1967; 04-22-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Android Jr Member discombobulated's Avatar
    I got this phone... and I'm loving it!

1. GPS Navigation was accurate but drains battery quick - no bueno for 4 hour car trips.
    2. Used Micro HDMI to connect to HDTV and HDTV became phone display = YouTube and web video streaming too!
    3. Gaming went smooth.
    4. Facebook, YouTube, Yelp, e-mail, etc... all worked without crashing or lockup at the moment...
    5. Nice 1080p Video capture - but I need more ram!
    6. Takes nice pictures...

Negative = way too much bloat ware!
    Last edited by discombobulated; 04-22-2011 at 04:57 AM.

What people should know is that the Nvidia Tegra 2 uses a dual core ARM Cortex 9 = same processor as other dual core smart phones coming out including Samsung Galaxy S2, Qualcomm, HTC, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Zoom Tablets, (and many other Tablets), Ipad 2, and the upcoming iPhone 5... and many other

Twitter
    droid1967
    Quote Originally Posted by discombobulated View Post
    I got this phone... and I'm loving it!

1. GPS Navigation was accurate but drains battery quick - no bueno for 4 hour car trips.
    2. Used Micro HDMI to connect to HDTV and HDTV became phone display = YouTube and web video streaming too!
    3. Gaming went smooth.
    4. Facebook, YouTube, Yelp, e-mail, etc... all worked without crashing or lockup at the moment...
    5. Nice 1080p Video capture - but I need more ram!
    6. Takes nice pictures...

Negative = way too much bloat ware!
    yeah found that gps nav drained battery on the droid also so dont think its phone specific. not much more bloatware than anything we buy. once i decide 100% i am keeping it ill root and remove some of it. was playing with the media share and dlna stuff last night prety cool. i do have a lg tv so that may have made it work easier or better dont know but it was pretty easy to use. unfortunately im an idiot and ordered a mini hdmi so now i have an extra for the computer video card luckily i didi figure out i messed up before it arrived so already ordered a micro. the adata 32 gig class4 micro sdcard i ordered from new egg is working well. man coming from the droid even with overclock this is jsut so smooth and fast. dont forget to check out th hidden menu tons of stuff in there. was easy to set as an activity with adw. tons of info ,tests, and stuff in there. so far have regina,go,adw and stock launcher installed alll switch without probelms no lag no redraws. wish it had the 728 megs of ram some of the others have but so far its not a problem.

nice that only negative is bloatware thats an easy fix

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1967 View Post
    yeah found that gps nav drained battery on the droid also so dont think its phone specific. not much more bloatware than anything we buy. once i decide 100% i am keeping it ill root and remove some of it. was playing with the media share and dlna stuff last night prety cool. i do have a lg tv so that may have made it work easier or better dont know but it was pretty easy to use. unfortunately im an idiot and ordered a mini hdmi so now i have an extra for the computer video card luckily i didi figure out i messed up before it arrived so already ordered a micro. the adata 32 gig class4 micro sdcard i ordered from new egg is working well. man coming from the droid even with overclock this is jsut so smooth and fast. dont forget to check out th hidden menu tons of stuff in there. was easy to set as an activity with adw. tons of info ,tests, and stuff in there. so far have regina,go,adw and stock launcher installed alll switch without probelms no lag no redraws. wish it had the 728 megs of ram some of the others have but so far its not a problem.

nice that only negative is bloatware thats an easy fix
    Nice!! This my first Android Device and I'm loving the experience of it (I came from years of using Black Berries for Business)... Yeah I made sure the G2x accepts an HDMI Micro (HDMI Type-D) before purchasing it... I would've went with the Samsung Galaxy S2 but it uses a weird proprietary connection - which I'm trying to avoid because they're usually a lot more expensive and harder to find.... just to give you a heads up on HDMI Micro (HDMI Type-D) cables is that they have a high failure rate, I went through 2 of them before I found one that worked! Main reason is because they have to put all the pins and copper wires in a much smaller form factor than a regular HDMI or mini-HDMI... so go for the shorter lengths for the micro-HDMI to ensure it works and get one from a reputable company with good warranty...

I don't know anything about rooting - but that is why I joined this forum to learn more about it... what price did you get the 32GB ADATA Micro SD card for? I'm waiting for a good deal before I jumped on one...

I haven't had a chance to play will all the other hidden menu stuff - but I ran into them by accident as I learned how to use the phone.... I'm finally done making sure the phone does what I want first without any issues before I play with the extra stuff...

Twitter
    droid1967
    i got the adata 32 gig card for 54.99 its 64.99 now at new egg but im told that amazon has it at 55 now. it sems to work fine. didnt know that about the micro hdmi's but its only 10 bucks but hopefully it works all the stores around here want 30 bucks for 6 foot and i think i got 10 fot for 10 bucks with shipping included in the 10 bucks. i have 4 launchers installed and not seeing any lag or redraws so guess the 512 of ram is ok. im liking the phone so far. the dlna and media share stuf works well also. my tv is also lg so that may make it work together better dont know. just wait if your new to android and having a phone like this (like the droid totally open and hackable youll find so much to do with it or make it do if you think android is cool wait until you see a modified rom for it. cm7 will be out for it soon im sure gingerbread and tons of options read up on cyanogen mod if you dont know what im talking about. rooting is stil a little complicated right now but custom recovery is in rommanger already once rooted.
    check out xda and goto the forums section and find the g2x relly the best place for info on the g2x right now.
    Warn you once you go android you cant go back

T-Mobile Just Announced Gingerbread Android 2.3 is coming very soon for the G2x!!!

I did not buy it but, was allowed four days to play with it to see what was good, bad, or needed improvement. I know, I know, my T-mobile store I frequent likes me.

Twitter
    droid1967
    hope thats not Verizon's definition of soon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links