G2x vs G2?

This is a discussion on G2x vs G2? within the LG G2x forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I've never owned a smart phone, so I'm new to all of this. My wife and I are shopping for an Android, and am looking ...

Thread: G2x vs G2?

G2x vs G2?

I've never owned a smart phone, so I'm new to all of this. My wife and I are shopping for an Android, and am looking at the G2 and G2x. At first glance, I like the G2x, but we do like the keyboard on the G2. I have a T-Mobile Memoir and hate the virtual keyboard.

I'm not finding much as to the main differences in these two phones. The guy at the store just said, "well, duh, buy the G2x, it's more powerful!". Umm, yeah. Not Helpful.

Also he told us the Windows HD7 was better because the apps were better tested. He said the Androids crash frequently because of poorly written apps. Thoughts? Like I said, new to the whole smart phone thing. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Twitter
    wwickedd
    Well the G2X is in fact a more powerful phone. You'll get biased answers here regarding Android though. Android is the number 1 smartphone OS hands down IMO.

The G2 launched in Oct. 2010 so in "smartphone age" it's pretty much dated. Specs here T-Mobile G2 specs - Phone Arena

The G2X just launched a week ago and here are the specs T-Mobile G2x specs - Phone Arena

Right now, there's a real good deal on the G2X, which I posted here earlier [Deal Alert] LG G2X On T-Mobile For $50 From CellHub

Personally, I'd get the G2X.

Android Jr Member discombobulated's Avatar
    I've worked in the wireless cell phone industry for over 10 years (When Verizon was originally Pac-Tel, and AT&T was LA Celluar, etc.) and my experience with Windows OS phones is that they are a bit more buggy, but they are good phones! - But from seeing customers returning Windows phones and coming to me for help, I never went back to WINDOWS phones after going with the Black Berries... so far I have no issues with the G2x and Android OS... I've been out of the Wireless Cell Phone business for 3 years so I've been out of the loop with ANDROID OS phones came into the picture, but I can see why that it overtook iOS... Loving the G2x so far!!

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Like wicked said, the g2 is definitely a dinosaur. If you don't like the keyboard on the touchscreen, then I say wait for a phone that suites all your needs, cuz I'm sure one will be out soon. IMO I prefer the lightweight keyboard -less phones. The touchscreens are great

Twitter
    droid1967
    If you have to have a keyboard i dont know id wait until the latest thing with a keyboard comes out. for phones now the g2x is it and will be as powerful as anything released over the next 4-5 months which is unusual for phones so its ahead of what out there. Regarding windows phones. Put it down and run. I am a windows 7 user when not on ubuntu to develop with. and love windows never been a mac guy. but i fell for the windows on a phone once before. and windows 7 phone or whatever its called isnt much better. id recommend an iphone over a windows phone and trust me thats difficult. android is the home of customazation, free apps. you can find almost anything you need for free. some apps like mlb and such cost money but most basic things you need are free. when i had the windows based phone there just wasnt much for free that was worthwhile.
    if you havent been on android youll love any phone you get but once you get use to android than youll say darn i wish i had gotten the latest thing at the time. and that is and will be the g2x for a while.
    good luck on your decision.

Ads