G2X Problems

This is a discussion on G2X Problems within the LG G2x forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; High-end phones are often very sensitive to the quality of the power supply and data streams though the USB port. Basically you need to use ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: G2X Problems

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    High-end phones are often very sensitive to the quality of the power supply and data streams though the USB port. Basically you need to use a good-quality charger and data cables with the phones.

Also, LG used to boobytrap their phones with a warning that using a non-OEM charger would void the warranty. Not nice, LG.
    Last edited by furbearingmammal; 08-05-2011 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Added second paragraph.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I haven't really seen any main issues. Bought 2 of these (one for me and one for wife). She had the random reboot issue, but that's gone away since the Gingerbread update. Haven't really seen any issues now. Get 12-16 hours of use before I need to recharge, but that seems on par with any smartphone across any carrier. In fact, the only issue I have now is that (when texting), hitting the space bar twice doesn't insert a period. Also, long-pressing the emoticon button while texting won't let you chose any other emoticon other than :-D

I guess if those are my only issues I'm lucky then.

I got my LG G2x a few weeks ago and these are the problems I have so far.
    1. When listening to music and data is iffy, it makes my song start skiping
    2. Phone is not a good at multitasking, when lots of apps open its very slow and once froze for 5 mind
    3. As I'm typing this I go from 4G full bars to no service for a few seconds
    4. Sometimes I can't connect to data
    5. Qik video chat doesn't work.and many other apps like to force close when phone is slow
    6. Sometimes even swiping home pages is slow (laggy)

What should I do?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Android.net

I have experienced the same problems-- The phone was replaced- same issues AGAIN! I use my phone for a business- I cannot begin to tell you how much business I have lost! The phone works about 1/2 of the time. T Mobile nor LG are willing to compensate for lost phone usage nor loss of business due to missed/dropped calls. T mobile suggests that I PURCHASE another phone. Does anybody know if there are any class action suits out there because of the equipment/customer service issues?

Quote Originally Posted by sjturner View Post
    I have experienced the same problems-- The phone was replaced- same issues AGAIN! I use my phone for a business- I cannot begin to tell you how much business I have lost! The phone works about 1/2 of the time. T Mobile nor LG are willing to compensate for lost phone usage nor loss of business due to missed/dropped calls. T mobile suggests that I PURCHASE another phone. Does anybody know if there are any class action suits out there because of the equipment/customer service issues?

In a word...yes. This is the reason that LG released an update to the OS, from Froyo to Gingerbread. As far as when something might happen with the class action suite, it's anybody's guess.
    T-Mobile G2X...

Twitter
    @RichieScouse
    Hi,

I get the same sort of coverage at home using the WiFi, blindingly quick with no hiccups yet when I'am out an about I use the 3G and its very tempremental, obviously it depends on the coverage in the area but this shouldnt stutter it so much, try switching on your GPS navigation aswell as the 3G....For some reason Ive found that this enhances the browser on the GS2.

If that doesnt work then try giving the network a ring and ask them what your currently running on as they can do some sort of line/consumption test...you have to have had the phone longer than 1 month though so they can go off you last bill.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links