G2X Email problems

This is a discussion on G2X Email problems within the LG G2x forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Hi, Im a new droid user and the G2X is my first new droid. I love this phone but the only problem I have is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G2X Email problems

Question G2X Email problems

Hi, Im a new droid user and the G2X is my first new droid. I love this phone but the only problem I have is how the email work. I would go on email and it'd show that I have like 6 new emails but when I click on it, nothing new. Sometimes there would be like 15 but only 4 would show up. Some of those are spams but still, I didnt have that problem with my iPhone. I know I shouldnt compare these two phones and I might be walking on thin ice for bringing that up but I just want to know if there's a way to view ALL the messages that are showing up on each account? Im talking about yahoo mail by the way... when I go on my laptop and actually check my mail online on yahoo site, all the emails show up, some were marked "read" some are "unread" (of course the "read" ones were the ones that actually showed up on my g2x).. it seems like it skips some emails.

Im not so sure if it's the way I set it up or that's really like that... any help pls?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

okay, so i just checked my mail again. It said I have 2 in the inbox, I clicked and there's nothing. I refreshed it just to make sure, nothing.

Then I went on my laptop and went on yahoo mail and checked the same email account, there they were... 2 new emails in the inbox.

what's wrong with my G2x? Is this common?

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by candydroid; 08-11-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    What app are you using? K9Mail is superior to the stock GMail app, and if you're using Yahoo! for mail you might consider using that app from the Market instead.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    What app are you using? K9Mail is superior to the stock GMail app, and if you're using Yahoo! for mail you might consider using that app from the Market instead.

i was using the stock Gmail app and the stock Email app.... im hesitant to downloading email apps because of the permissions they are asking to have access for... but i guess ill just take the risk, it's the only thing im not happy with my droid, the email apps... thank you furbearingmammal, i've been waiting for a reply and been watching the number of views my post gets.. ur the only one who actually replied. Thank you so much, I appreciate ur time.. I'm going to try the k9email app. thanks again :D

Its ok to compare both devices, I had an iPhone ad well and am considering gwtting the iPhone 4s or 5. It all depends though, both are great devices. I know Androids more powerful and has far options, but Apples UI wins most of the crowds and their apps. I've had my Android phone since March 2011, and like it. But I often find some of the apps aren't as good as they were on iPhone. I don't know why they don't make the apps better for Android seeing its more powerful.

Anyway, try gmail. I often had proplems with yahoo when I had my iphone, and was told gmail would work better. So I've been using gmail as my primary email client, and it works great. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Desire HD using Android.net

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    RE: Permissions;

Yeah. They can seem intimidating... But the stock app has the same permissions; you just don't have the option of not using it if you want e-mail on your phone and you don't use a 3rd-party app to begin with.

There's an app kicking around called Pocket Permissions by alostpacket here on the forum. If you're concerned about app permissions I'd suggest installing it. For $1 it's well worth it.

http://www.android.net/forum/android-apps/62426-how-safe-find-trusted-apps-avoid-viruses-guide-those-new-android.html

A
    lso a good read.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I had the 3GS and now whenever I see it, it seems like a toy coz of the screen size, lol... I still like it but I like my G2X better (except that email prob I'm still having trouble with) I believe the iphone 5 will be coming out this October but I'm saving sooo much $$$ with Tmobile compare to At&t! I dont want to go back to At&t (though I never had a problem with their customer service) Plus, I got my G2X for FREE! hehehe. AND I love the widgets and freedom to change my themes

as far as using gmail, i am using gmail as my primary but i have like 10 other email adds that I need to check... I also didnt have any problem with yahoo nor gmail on my iphone.. which is mostly what I miss now but I guess I'll find a way to make my droid work like that... that's why im here

thanks again furbearingmammal, im using the K9 email app... it still shows that I have some messages and when I check it, there's nothing

anyway... im gonna check on that app that u mentioned, thanks

Why don't you log into your email accounts on a pc and link them to your gmail?

link them? like forward the messages to my gmail? *scratches head* by chance, do you know how i should go about doing that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links