G2X Not Responding At All

This is a discussion on G2X Not Responding At All within the LG G2x forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I bought my g2x 10 months ago from someone and he rooted it. For some unknown reason, the sd card in the phone was never ...

Thread: G2X Not Responding At All

G2X Not Responding At All

I bought my g2x 10 months ago from someone and he rooted it. For some unknown reason, the sd card in the phone was never recognized, and my computer never detected the phone. After saving all of my info, I wanted to reset it to factory setting. I went to clockworkmod recovery and wiped data/factory reset. everything was done, but then in the process the clockwork just froze with an exclamation point. I waited a few min and took out the batter. After that the phone would not go past the Lg screen. I tried pressing power and volume down to get something going, but it would only lead me to clockworkmod recovery 4.0.0.2, with the message "back menu button disabled." I tried clicking through whatever was available, but its not going through. Is this recoverable at all? I would appreciate your advice.
    Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

also when i go to the clockwormod it displays "unable to write to ums lunfile(no such file or directory)Error mounting/sdcard!"

Hi there, and welcome to the forum!

What I need you to do is hang on for awhile, until one of the Rescue Squad guys can swing by and give you a hand with your problem.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

The first and most important thing you need to do is try to get the phone recognized by the computer. To keep it safe, I will say there is likely no way to get anything done with the phone until you can get the computer to see it. With the computer to put any possible recovery files to the phone, it's more or less a paperweight. I don't know much about the phone itself, so I can't say that I have any neat tricks to try from experience. I did take a stroll over to XDA to see if there was anything with the same error in regards to the SD card.

Here are some things that I found suggested. I am by no means an expert, but I think for the most part, you should be safe:

LG LGP999 (G2X) This is the phone, yes? If not, then find out which one you have. If you don't have the box, it should be on the phone's sticker under the battery.

LG Support If so, enter the model number in the box on this site. Download the LG United Mobile Driver. If you have done this already, uninstall the software from your computer completely. Then go ahead and install this software. When you connect the phone, look down by the clock and see if the computer recognizes the phone. If not, try another USB port on the computer. If this doesn't work, try and find another computer. Try the best you can to use the best USB cable you can. While I don't think for this specific issue the cable quality really matters, it never hurts to have a good USB cable.

If we cannot get the computer to see the phone, I have no idea where even to begin in regards to getting files on it.

In terms of the SD card, try powering the phone down and pulling out the SD card. Reseat the card and try powering the phone on again. I don't think this will help much until we can get a computer that can see the phone.

Good luck. Hopefully someone else might be able to stop by to offer some input.

You need to flash a recovery manager again I think. There is a thread on how to do it with USB cable and a computer.
    Try searching for "g2x wont go into recovery mode" .
    I had a similar problem and fixed it. G2xs are almost impossible to brick permanently.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Android.net

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links