Setting Up LG Optimus Q Email Accounts

This is a discussion on Setting Up LG Optimus Q Email Accounts within the LG Optimus Q L55c forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; The L55C manual is not terrific. I am trying to set up a bunch of email accounts I have with different domains, but when I ...

Thread: Setting Up LG Optimus Q Email Accounts

Setting Up LG Optimus Q Email Accounts

The L55C manual is not terrific. I am trying to set up a bunch of email accounts I have with different domains, but when I go to Settings>Accounts & sync, and try to Add an account, I am limited to a choice between Corporate, which I gather relates to Outlook, which I don't use, or Google. I happen to have a Gmail account hooked to one of my main non-Google email accounts, and I was able to set it up in the LG phone.

1. Does this mean that I must create and hook up a Gmail account for each one of my other non-Google email accounts?

2. The "hooked up" account shows up when I go to Email on the phone. When I set up the other new accounts, will I be given a choice of which account to go into? If not, how do I switch between email accounts?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ignore going into settings. I have like 10 differnt emails I use. Go into the standerd email app (not gmail) Go to add account. Put your email you want to add and password. There should be a manual option where if you use, example Lotus Notes at work. You can add the port number and whatever else is needed to link that email to your phone.

Sent from my LGL55C using Android.net

There is more

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
    Ignore going into settings. I have like 10 differnt emails I use. Go into the standerd email app (not gmail) Go to add account. Put your email you want to add and password. There should be a manual option where if you use, example Lotus Notes at work. You can add the port number and whatever else is needed to link that email to your phone.

Thanks -- this helped me figure it out. But it took me a while, because I needed the step-by-step Idiot Treatment, and you left out a couple of steps:

1. As you say, click on the standard email option on the phone's Home page.
    2. If you only have one other email account, you will get the Inbox for that account. If two or more, you will will have list of them, plus three options for the account you want to look at. But you don't want to look at any account right now, you want to create a new one. So press the Menu button.
    3. Pressing the Menu button brings up the options of Compose (you don't want that) or Add Account -- press that.
    4. That takes you to the page where you can start setting up the account you want to connect with. Remember that the password asked for is not one you are cooking up now, but the one it takes to get access to that account's webmail wherever it is set up, namely in its own domain. I found that I could select the secure options and Android knew which port numbers were correct for that, as it also knew the port numbers if you don't select the secure option.

Hehe mybad, glad you figured it out. I like how they combine the emails togather. On another note you seem like someone who uses your phone for work as well. don't forget teamviewer it's an app that allows you to access your own personal computer using your phone like (go to my pc). Best part its free. Just download, team viewer on your computer then your phone, then fellowing the right steps you should be able to access your personal computers desktop just by using your phone. Also Kingsoft office is a free microsoft office app that for one doesnt cost a thing but I find it better to use then documents to go.

Sponsored Links