Extended Battery?

This is a discussion on Extended Battery? within the LG Optimus Q L55c forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I love my Straight Talk LG Optimus Q...except for the battery life. I guess I didn't properly condition it from day 1 (the power was ...

Thread: Extended Battery?

Extended Battery?

I love my Straight Talk LG Optimus Q...except for the battery life. I guess I didn't properly condition it from day 1 (the power was accidentally turned on while it was charging for the first time). My battery life is horrible and I need an extended battery for it. Can anyone recommend a specific vendor who offers an extended battery for this phone?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    Okay, how long does your battery take? Keep in mind that smartphones are using LOTS of power, so it can't possibly take as long as a mobile phone.

---
    When people run in circles,
    it's a very very mad world.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Ok. Great news!!! I found an extended battery that is guaranteed to work with the LG Optimus Q from Straight Talk. I searched all over the Internet and eBay for an extended battery that works. Everyone I contacted said NO, we don't offer an extended battery. However, I found ZZ Cellular on eBay. I e-mailed them a post I found where someone said this combination would work. ZZ Cellular said it would so I ordered it and I'm so glad I did! A regular replacement lithium-ion battery, from Batteries Plus, was $39.95 plus tax. This extended battery was less than half that price with twice the capacity!

Extended Battery W/Cover For LG Verizon Enlighten VS700 BL-44JN 3000mAh - on

I paid for priority mail and it arrived within 3 business day. After opening the box, I turned my phone off, and installed the battery and new cover. Though heavier, they fit perfectly! The initial charge took only 12 hours. It's been on and used since Saturday morning. I'm now at 52% and it's now Wednesday at 10:16PM. Please keep in mind that my phone has tons of apps installed on the SD card and on the phone. I am using a battery saver program set to normal and a task manager app that manually lets me close apps I'm not using. My WIFI is on, my Bluetooth is off, my roaming is on, and my GPS is on.

I will let the battery run completely down before charging again. My research says to let the battery fully discharge. Then, fully charge with the phone off before turning it back on. This needs to happen several times before the battery is fully conditioned. So far, this battery combination is EXCELLENT and I give it two thumbs up. For business owners who actually use their phone all the time, extended batteries should be available at Walmart or online at Straight Talk.com. Thank you ZZ Cellular
    Last edited by cali; 12-18-2014 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Removed Nonapproved Link

Hey buddy thanks for the info. I added it to my cart.

Sent from my A200 using Android.net

Its true. I bought it few days ago and got it in the mail today. Works great!

Sent from my LGL55C using Android.net

Sponsored Links