Help around forum

This is a discussion on Help around forum within the LG Optimus S forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Is there a map or instructions? I don't know the diff between a post and a thread; what does subscribe mean; what is the "pm" ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help around forum

Help around forum

Is there a map or instructions? I don't know the diff between a post and a thread; what does subscribe mean; what is the "pm" (is that post message to someone in particular?).

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator/Rescue Squad jstafford1's Avatar
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    What you just did is a "post" which started a"thread"(series of posts) a pm is a private message you send to another member.
    Subscribing to a thread means you'll get email notices when someone posts to that thread.

end of line...

Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    What you just did is a "post" which started a"thread"(series of posts) a pm is a private message you send to another member.
    Subscribing to a thread means you'll get email notices when someone posts to that thread.

end of line...
    Thank-you very much. I've joined other forums and never figured out my way around. In just a few short words, I get it!.thanx again

So I downloaded the vault app and once it's finished installing it erased my whole gallery does anybody know how to recover all my pictures and videos

Sent from my LS670 using Android.net

Twitter
    fish1552
    Quote Originally Posted by emendoza View Post
    So I downloaded the vault app and once it's finished installing it erased my whole gallery does anybody know how to recover all my pictures and videos

Sent from my LS670 using Android.net
    And titanman,^^^ that is what you call hijacking a thread - posting an unrelated post into a thread.

emendoza: if you want help, you'll need to give people a little more information. My suggestion would be to post a new thread in the section for your phone, and make sure to post the whole entire app name as shown in the market so people know which app you are talking about. That way we will be better able to help you, as there are multiple apps that use the term "vault", and each one has a slightly different way of treating/hiding pictures.
    Chances are they aren't *gone*, just hidden - which is the point of the app.

By posting in this thread, you probably won't get as much help as you would creating a thread with the subject detailing what you need help with. Something like "Need help with ___ Vault App". HTH

EDIT: Nevermind. I see you posted in this thread, as well as creating 2 other threads all with the same question.... <sigh>

@titanman: that is what you call "cross-posting". It is frowned upon in most forums - including this one. (At least this thread is helping you understand a lot of the terminology though! LOL)
    Last edited by fish1552; 08-15-2011 at 09:26 AM.

The only place I posted my question about the forums was once in "introductions & site info".

Quote Originally Posted by titanoman View Post
    The only place I posted my question about the forums was once in "introductions & site info".
    Welcome in on here, you will soon find your way onto the right places . There is plenty to discover.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    As you can see, some people don't pay much attention to what they should do.

We like you, Titanoman, and your efforts to learn more and play by the rules are GREATLY appreciated.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Twitter
    fish1552
    No, titan, that was directed at emendoza. That's why I quoted *his* post.

I was simply using his post as an example to teach you a few more of the terms you may hear in various discussions. As FBM said above, you've been a decent newcomer, asking valid questions and participating in various threads. And we gotta give you props for trying to learn more about the etiquette of forums - which many of us long time users sometimes take for granted that most people know when we throw around those terms.

Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    As you can see, some people don't pay much attention to what they should do.

We like you, Titanoman, and your efforts to learn more and play by the rules are GREATLY appreciated.
    I understand. Thank-you for your kind words.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links