Wifi error

This is a discussion on Wifi error within the LG Optimus S forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I just bought this phone from craigslist earlier and the guy failed to mention that the wifi doesn't work. And when I emailed him his ...

Thread: Wifi error

Question Wifi error

I just bought this phone from craigslist earlier and the guy failed to mention that the wifi doesn't work. And when I emailed him his excuse was that sprint doesn't allow use of wifi with out a service plan and refused to give me my money back. So I'm now stuck with it. But If anyone can help me I'll post as much as I know about it here.

when I bought it the home screen looked different as in it had a settings button on the screen aside from the hard menu button to get to settings. So I'm guessing possibly had it flashed?

I did a hard reset and still get the wifi error when trying to enable wifi.

the phone info
    model lg-u670
    android version 2.2.2
    baseband version us670zv4.6040
    kernel version 2.6.32.9 lge@android-build #2
    build number frg83g
    sw version us670zv4

I have also checked my router and it is working as i am able to connect to it from my laptop. I have even reset the router with no luck.
    everything else on the phone appears to be working great.

any help would be appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @ihateceva
    Why don't you root it that may bypass sprint

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Android.net

That stinks. My advice is this, never buy from Craiglist again when it comes to a phone. I would also check to see if law enforcement would do anything. The wifi hot spot you are wanting it to do costs money. You can root it like suggested but, you then run the risk of phone becoming useless because Sprint does not support or like rooted devices.

It has nothing to do with Sprint. Wifi should turn on even without service. I have the exact same problem with an LG ALLY I got from craigslist 3 days ago. B4 I even activated the phone I was getting the error message when trying to turn on wifi. From the research I've done it seems to be something that has to do with the 2.2.2 update aka a software bug issue. Been trying to find any app or update that will jolt the system. I kept it because I got th e phone for 40 bucks and I am very sure this can be fixed. Any ideas are appreciated, of I figure it out Ill post the fix

Not if the phone is shipped without it working. Each carrier tells each manufacturer what they want on the device. Also, each manufacturer will install what they want as far as the type of wifi bands they want. Also, the phone may have a certain driver it requires and if his router does not have it or allow the needed driver the phone will never connect to the router.
    Last edited by SLAG IT!; 12-05-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    Not if the phone is shipped without it working. Each carrier tells each manufacturer what they want on the device. Also, each manufacturer will install what they want as far as the type of wifi bands they want. Also, the phone may have a certain driver it requires and if his router does not have it or allow the needed driver the phone will never connect to the router.

Oh great....well it definitely can't be specific to any router because the wifi never becomes enabled to scan for any routers. Can't imagine any company would want a phone shipped with no wifi capability. I think I'm gonna try to root mine and/or downgrade back to 2.2.1 if I can figure out how. I won't need my wifi till march, but it still annoys me

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links