Battery Life ...... Stinks

This is a discussion on Battery Life ...... Stinks within the LG Optimus S forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Love this little phone... However.... I would be gald to pay a premium for a long life battery. Ran a test.... shut down all non ...

Thread: Battery Life ...... Stinks

Battery Life ...... Stinks

Love this little phone... However.... I would be gald to pay a premium for a long life battery. Ran a test.... shut down all non essen. apps. and did not use phone. Powered up after full charge..... lasted 12 hrs then it shut itself down..... This Sucks.... no matter how how you cut it....... did this twice just to see....... want to know if everyone else has this going on or do I have bad battery from the get go. Phone is ony 2 month old... Thanks

Ron

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I had the same problem. I called Radio Shack, where i got the phone. He told me to download 2 apps. 1. Advanced Task Killer (automaticaly shuts apps running in background), 2. Juice Defender which is a battery conserver. Basicly when your battery is running low is shuts down everything unimportant even data service. This way you have battery power for what you really need it for until you can charge it. Phone battery doe last longer now. Not great deal, but deff. better than before. Hope this helps.

AXBASS2.... Thanks much.... will give it a try.... still trying to find out if there is an aftermartket battery with more Juice.... Thanks again..

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by RonPirate View Post
    AXBASS2.... Thanks much.... will give it a try.... still trying to find out if there is an aftermartket battery with more Juice.... Thanks again..

Ron
    No problem, I did call sprint about how much the battery sucks. I told them with all the advancements in phone technology should the battery be able to keep up with the phone's performance? Of course all I got was a "yeah, you would think". I did ask about an aftermarket battery. The guy said that there are places where you can get them that are a little stronger, but not recomended because they have been known many times to leak or overheat in the phones. So just a little heads up on the off market batteries.

Hey Boss... loaded up Juice defender and it really does seem to help... only had onboard about a a day or so... but seems to help. I guess it's really not Sprints fault as much as LG..... thanks for the info... take care

Advanced task killer ap does help the battery life a little bit... does not male it good though. i always have to take my charger with me

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links