One Click Root Method for Optimus V. Gingerbreak 1.2

This is a discussion on One Click Root Method for Optimus V. Gingerbreak 1.2 within the LG Optimus V forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by vegetajin8 Gingerbreak does work with stock unrooted and rooted Optimus V phones. The steps below is how I did the process if ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: One Click Root Method for Optimus V. Gingerbreak 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by vegetajin8 View Post
    Gingerbreak does work with stock unrooted and rooted Optimus V phones. The steps below is how I did the process if I missed a step feel free to correct it. These are my steps I wrote at android central under the name of 00_wrath_00. I am not responsible if you brick your phone. Please give the dev thanks.

1 download gingerbreak apk 1.2 from xda and install it to your memory card via phone download adb push or USB from your PC. To install from SD card download a file manager from the market.

2 install and open gingerbreak apk and select root. It will go though the process of rooting and restart your phone.

3 choose a recovery install method of your choice (theres many options to install recovery all are at android central)install recovery make a backup and enjoy your new rooted phone.

Unroot using gingerbreak phone method no PC needed. Thus will return your phone back to stock no need for a flash image file for this.

Step 1 download and install ov stock Rom zip. Google it or go to xda or android central to download. Install and reboot before proceeding to step 2.

Step 2 download and place stock recovery image on the root of your SD card and rename it stock.img

Step 3 using terminal emulator follow mmarz steps to install recovery via terminal emulator (type su hit enter flash_image recovery /sdcard/stock.img hit enter reboot recovery hit enter)

You should now have stock recovery reboot into android now. Once booted install and /open gingerbreak apk. Select unroot. It will unroot your phone and be completely stock.

To root it again use the root directions above but to install recovery to a once rerooted phone use mmarz technique for terminal emulator to reinstall custom recovery.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    When you did this root, and your phone booted back up, was it just the stock ROM? And basically back to scratch...nothing on the phone except what originally came on it? Or did it stay the same? I have ADW Launcher pro and I have everything except the theme saved to my sd card, I don't want to start from scratch though.

Sent from my VM670 using Android.net

How do I install a recovery I downloaded 1.2 gingerbreak but im stuck on the recovery part how do I do tht without a computer..or is could u tell me where I can install it to male it easier..thnks

Optimus V

Quote Originally Posted by zachgross View Post
    How do I install a recovery I downloaded 1.2 gingerbreak but im stuck on the recovery part how do I do tht without a computer..or is could u tell me where I can install it to male it easier..thnks

Optimus V
    If u did gingerbreak, u can just go back into the gingerbreak apk and select unroot....is that what u wanna do?

Yea gingerbreak woodent work for me I tried it twice and both times it gave me an error so im just guna wait I guess for somethin else or a solution.. and I found help on xda a complete walk thru thanks

Optimus V

Well I've rooted my phone with Gingerbreak 1.2, and it has been working great for the past 3 weeks! But a few nights ago, I had my phone clock feature open and hit the little sun/brightness button in the top right corner to dim the screen and leave it on the clock while I slept & when I woke up, all my widgets said "Problem loading widget..." & my ADWlauncher reverted back to my stock settings as well...My flip click, batterylife, and my other toggle widgets had to be uninstalled and re-installed, as well as my adw, because they were showing up in my apps drawer but not when i'd try to add a widget (and I didn't delete my dalvik-cache or anything, last time I did that, it deleted my stuff & messed up my widgets...so i'll never do that again). But its done this twice now...2nd time it happened was because my dockbar disappeared for some reason, so I powered down the phone & rebooted it & my widgets were gone again. This is ridiculous!

Does anybody have a solution to this or know why it does this?

Cool Gingerbreak Won"t Work

I unrooted my phone with Gingerbreak. Now, I am trying to root it and it gets stuck on the screen that says

Gingerbreak
    Rooting....
    Running Exploit...
    This may take a few minutes!
    Devise will reboot on success!

I have the phone hooked up to my computer and it i set to stay awake. Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by kmor333 View Post
    I unrooted my phone with Gingerbreak. Now, I am trying to root it and it gets stuck on the screen that says

Gingerbreak
    Rooting....
    Running Exploit...

I have the phone hooked up to my computer and it i set to stay awake. Help please.

Shame nobody replied to that. I have just started to try rooting my phone to remove bloatware and perhaps instal a better Version then 2.2. I downloaded Gingerbreak put it on my SD card Via plugging it into my PC because my pc will not read my phone only charge it for a long time now no matter how many times I try to update drivers.

Anyhow, after putting gingerbreak 1.2 on my card putting it back into my phone and installing it I open gingerbreak and click root. I get stuck at

Gingerbreak
    Rooting....
    Running Exploit...

I haven't even got it rooted. And yes Debugging is on, sorry forgot to mention that.

I just had to do a factory reset on my optimus v im tryin to download gingerbreak on my phone it keeps tellin me download unsucessfull I have had it on my phone before I have been to like 15 diff download links from diff websites nothing is working. What am I doin wrong?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links