One Click Root Method for Optimus V. Gingerbreak 1.2

This is a discussion on One Click Root Method for Optimus V. Gingerbreak 1.2 within the LG Optimus V forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Gingerbreak does work with stock unrooted and rooted Optimus V phones. The steps below is how I did the process if I missed a step ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: One Click Root Method for Optimus V. Gingerbreak 1.2

One Click Root Method for Optimus V. Gingerbreak 1.2

Gingerbreak does work with stock unrooted and rooted Optimus V phones. The steps below is how I did the process if I missed a step feel free to correct it. These are my steps I wrote at android central under the name of 00_wrath_00. I am not responsible if you brick your phone. Please give the dev thanks.

1 download gingerbreak apk 1.2 from xda and install it to your memory card via phone download adb push or USB from your PC. To install from SD card download a file manager from the market.

2 install and open gingerbreak apk and select root. It will go though the process of rooting and restart your phone.

3 choose a recovery install method of your choice (theres many options to install recovery all are at android central)install recovery make a backup and enjoy your new rooted phone.

Unroot using gingerbreak phone method no PC needed. Thus will return your phone back to stock no need for a flash image file for this.

Step 1 download and install ov stock Rom zip. Google it or go to xda or android central to download. Install and reboot before proceeding to step 2.

Step 2 download and place stock recovery image on the root of your SD card and rename it stock.img

Step 3 using terminal emulator follow mmarz steps to install recovery via terminal emulator (type su hit enter flash_image recovery /sdcard/stock.img hit enter reboot recovery hit enter)

You should now have stock recovery reboot into android now. Once booted install and /open gingerbreak apk. Select unroot. It will unroot your phone and be completely stock.

To root it again use the root directions above but to install recovery to a once rerooted phone use mmarz technique for terminal emulator to reinstall custom recovery.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by vegetajin8; 05-20-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    zillahdryke likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Feel free to ask any questions. I did this all from my phone. I will rewrite it once my PC is fixed.

Last edited by vegetajin8; 05-20-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Just stumbled across your post as I was researching z4root. Perhaps you can give me some advice on whether gingerbreak is a good option for me.

I want to remove Twidroyd, Where, Poynt, and SCVNGR.
    I don't want to flash any custom ROMs at this time.
    I don't need permanent root. I just need enough permission to remove the above apps, and then I'm perfectly happy to return to the sandbox.

Should I use Gingerbreak? What options will get me the desired result?

Thanks.

Honestly if you just want to remove the bloatware aka poynt ect gingerbreak will work to root your phone. Just install a file manager from the market go to xda and download the 1.2 apk. Open file manager install open and select root. The phone will restart and be rooted. To remove the bloat ware use uninstaller root. Once you get all the bloatware off you can u root your phone and be back to stock minus bloatware. I honestly don't know if z4root works with the optimus v but gingerbreak will

I downloaded gingerbreak but my antivirus software keeps telling me it's got a virus. Any help would.be appreciated

Sent from my VM670 using Android.net

I would suggest turning off your antivirus and then download it. There are a lot of other ways to get it. However, those are my technical and advanced. This is easiest way, I will tell you other ways if this doesn't work.

Tried a second card,
    failed 3 times;

When I left it usb connected to my computer with awake mode, it worked fantastically!
    I guess usb debug kind of implies a usb connection, but it took me a few tries to get it.

Thanks!

Wouldn't you make a recovery of your stock before you root your device? I want to root my LG op V but I'm concerned about going back to stock afterwards. I've done the super one click root before but not ginger break.

Sent from my VM670 using Android.net

Looks like more than one click to this noobe.

Sent from the brickable Optimus T

Is xda the website or an app, and is 1.2 named anything else so I kno Exactly wht im downloading

Optimus V

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads