Class Action Lawsuit in the Making....

This is a discussion on Class Action Lawsuit in the Making.... within the LG Thrill 4G forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; What optimus? And if your comparing us to europe than its no contest. Europe automatically gets it first....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Class Action Lawsuit in the Making....

What optimus? And if your comparing us to europe than its no contest. Europe automatically gets it first.

I agree I purchased the LG Thrill and the area I live in they say that 4G is unavailable and I know that is BS. I have plenty of friends with 4G and I hate the fact that ATT is so well know and can't even compete!

Sent from my LG-P925 using Android.net

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    How is it a carriers responsibility to give the consumer a software update?
    When a device is released from AT&T, AT&T assumes all outward facing responsibilities for the handset sold for the specified and agreed upon contract term, or limited warranty period. So every sale of a device, like the LG Thrill 4G, is contracted legally to be supported and warrantied by AT&T themselves, since you're not buying the device directly from LG. If they make an official comment along the lines of a future software update, legally they must provide it, as it was promised at the time and point of sale. Otherwise a legal option of arbitration can be brought up between the individual consumer and AT&T.

Also, the carriers enter into a binding legal contract with the OEM, in this case LG, to provide said updates to AT&T labs for approval. LG could have already sent several versions of OS updates to AT&T, but since they didn't meet carrier approval they won't be distributed to customers devices. This is the same with every smartphone sold on the AT&T network, with the notable exception of the iPhone which Apple won't let them get into.

As an aside, does anyone remember the Motorola Backflip? This is a prime example of AT&T having to deliver on their initial promise of OS upgrades. They tried to get out of it but weren't successful. So the AT&T Motorola Backflip, AKA the Motorola Motus MB300, is only one or two MB300 models in the world to officially get that 2.1 Eclair update. Unbranded MB300's or MB300's on other networks around the world weren't so lucky as the US AT&T users and won't ever see an official 2.1 update.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

I realize that Dorian. My point was how many times have employees been misinformed and customers automatically what to tar and feather them?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    I realize that Dorian. My point was how many times have employees been misinformed and customers automatically what to tar and feather them?
    From the best of my knowledge, the Thrill 4G is still on Froyo? Gingerbread was promised.

But I do see what you're saying, and yes... a salesperson will say just about anything to get you into a contract. I think that's kind of a good thing, since one day it's really going to cost AT&T some $$$.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Very good point. See my (mystagog_inc) recent post on XDA Developers forum, and on Change.org.
    An attorney is looking into this with me, John Bogart of Salt Lake City and there may be some very good options aside from a class action suit.

Sent from my LG Thrill using "Thriller" rom

find out more about how to make french toast and make french toast casserole plus get french toast recipes just visit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links