Class Action Lawsuit in the Making....

This is a discussion on Class Action Lawsuit in the Making.... within the LG Thrill 4G forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; My wife and I both purchased the LG Thrill with promises from ATT store clerks of the android updates, in September. We're pretty pissed off ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Class Action Lawsuit in the Making....

Class Action Lawsuit in the Making....

My wife and I both purchased the LG Thrill with promises from ATT store clerks of the android updates, in September. We're pretty pissed off with ATT & LG. In most states the law says that even a verbal contract IS a binding contract! I believe then, that those two companies are in breach of contract then. Besides, we all know the store clerks fib to make a sale/commission. That's ATT's problem. Their employees represent the company and speak for the company and clearly they've lied to hundreds of us.
    We propose we start a nationwide class action lawsuit against both or one or the other, LG and ATT.
    Think about it, it's an easy win for us. Refunded contracts? And monthly payments?
    Let me know what you think, please. Message me for more details!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

http://forums.att.com/t5/LG/LG-Thril...2887511/page/4
    There is a wide spread shared frustration towards ATT among several other forums. I've filed an FTC complaint against ATT, I've contacted the Utah Attorney General's Consumer Complaints Department, and am now speaking with some attorneys for a class action lawsuit.
    Please take a few minutes to think this through. It'll take little effort from you, a few minutes of your time, and the rewards could be truly inspiring. Tell all those with Thrills what's going on, reach out to others and get them involved.
    http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards/...-thrill-update

A lesson and possible alternative, is each Thrill consumer filing an independent civil suit against ATT in their county courts. In this respect, ATT could not possibly respond to even a fraction of the suits. The suits would not be more than $10k (per most county laws in civil suits) and the eventual pile up of suits would financially cripple ATT.
    http://m.yahoo.com/w/news_america/wo...us&.lang=en-us

ATT Facts
    71.3 million customers worldwide
    10% of customers bought the new LG Thrill
    Approximately 713, 000 customers bought Thrill
    $10,000 small claims lawsuits/ customer
    $7.13 Billion total in potential lawsuits

How is it a carriers responsibility to give the consumer a software update? Not siding with AT&T, but, if their salesmen get you to buy a phone and they are going on the fact that it is suppose to be updated or could be updated;what the french toast is a lawsuit going to get? If we sued every single company with salesman because they were misinformed or we did not like their practices there would be no companies. Bottom line is the device was bought and people forget that cellphones are luxuries not necessities. I do however understand your frustration. Simple solution, buy the phone online, it alleviates the salesman giving the consumer a false sense of security or promise.

Because of false advertising, broken promises to customers, and lies, that's why it is the carrier's fault.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Android.net

Nevermind, not worth explaining it. And people wonder why the economy tanks. Good luck with your lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    Never mind, not worth explaining it. And people wonder why the economy tanks. Good luck with your lawsuit.
    I do appreciate your feedback, really. I believe communication is key, to nearly anything, so if you don't mind so, please do explain your point to me. I genuinely would like to understand.
    Last edited by mystagog_inc; 02-12-2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: typo

My local ATT store refused to take my in-person payment, so I can understand your frustration. Good luck with your lawsuit.

Nothing is perfect. I get your frustration. I do but, it is not possible to know if a device will get an update. A couple years ago I bought the Samsung Behold2 and was promised that it would get the eclair update. Guess what it didnt. I reamed Samsung and my carrier and bottom line is that there is no guarantee on a software update. Only way you will get it is if you get the Nexus line. They are going to get the update because Google has insured it.

One thing to consider also, is; what makes the Thrill different than all the rest those phones updated already? 3D! Aside from the European counterpart, the Optimus 3D, the Thrill has more to work with when updating.
    Possiblly, but then again, why did the Optimus get updated already. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG Thrill using "Thriller" rom
    Last edited by mystagog_inc; 02-15-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links