Trying to root my lg vortex

This is a discussion on Trying to root my lg vortex within the LG Vortex forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I am trying to root my lg vortex, I downloaded the z4 root on this site I have been trying to get it to root ...

Thread: Trying to root my lg vortex

Trying to root my lg vortex

I am trying to root my lg vortex, I downloaded the z4 root on this site I have been trying to get it to root all day, the only thing it is doing is telling me it is running exploit and it just keeps acting like it is working but nothing is happening. I was wondering what I am doing wrong, I downloaded it from a link here and when it had installed it I clicked on it and pushed permanant root I have been waiting for a while now something like 3 hours I was not sure if I was doing something wrong or if it just took a while to complete. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for your help..
    Chris

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Do you have USB Debugging enabled? Is this the first time running z4root? Some people have reported having better success with the phone actively plugged into a PC before running z4root.

If this is your first time running it, try backing out of it and trying again. If it takes more than 15 minutes there's a problem.

Good luck and let us know how it's going!
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Ok while I was waiting on my phone to root I searched on google and found that I cannot root my lg vortex version 2.2.2with the normal z4 root program I had to download ad install gingerbreak on my phone and then let it do its business and now I have super user on my phone. But now the problem is I don't know where to start first on setting my phone up, I do not know what all I can do with my phone set up with this. But I am going to have fun learning

Quote Originally Posted by cghankins View Post
    Ok while I was waiting on my phone to root I searched on google and found that I cannot root my lg vortex version 2.2.2with the normal z4 root program I had to download ad install gingerbreak on my phone and then let it do its business and now I have super user on my phone. But now the problem is I don't know where to start first on setting my phone up, I do not know what all I can do with my phone set up with this. But I am going to have fun learning
    I'm so close to making the leap. I skydived 7 times b4 I broke my back. Rooting my phone is scarier (I like my un-bricked phone). I know warranty gets voided. Does my insurance cover bricking? And, more on topic, if I successfully rooted, what next? What doors are opened? Please be specific (to whomever can explain why everybody roots their perfectly good phones)(and how do you know if you're smart enough). Sent from the brickable Optimus T.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Quote Originally Posted by cghankins View Post
    This begs the question of why you rooted your phone.

There's a lot you can do -- delete bloat, theme, run root-only apps, tether (though be VERY careful doing this one), etc. Just do a search for root in the Market and see all the goodies that come up. :D

Quote Originally Posted by titanoman View Post
    I'm so close to making the leap. I skydived 7 times b4 I broke my back. Rooting my phone is scarier (I like my un-bricked phone). I know warranty gets voided. Does my insurance cover bricking? And, more on topic, if I successfully rooted, what next? What doors are opened? Please be specific (to whomever can explain why everybody roots their perfectly good phones)(and how do you know if you're smart enough). Sent from the brickable Optimus T.
    Insurance covers bricked phones. Warranty does it free, insurance costs ~$100, results are the same either way. You get a new phone.

Anyway, the doors that open up are you get access to the /system directory of your internal memory. This allows you to have full control (within the limits of the phone's capabilities) of the phone. Look on the Market for root only and see what all comes up.

Remember how excited you were when you got the launcher installed? Imagine installing apps that are as themed as the phone is now.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Ads