New Motorola Atrix - World's Most Powerful Smartphone

This is a discussion on New Motorola Atrix - World's Most Powerful Smartphone within the Motorola Atrix forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by huskerkate that's kinda what i was figuring. but my question (and i know it was inartfully phrased, since it took me 2 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Motorola Atrix - World's Most Powerful Smartphone

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    that's kinda what i was figuring. but my question (and i know it was inartfully phrased, since it took me 2 tries and i still didn't make it clear) is this: i am utilizing the lapdock, and i remember that i have a rom zip file on my pc hdd that i want to copy to my phone's sdcard. can i do it thru the lapdock/while in lapdock?? or, do i have minimize/exit lapdock and copy the file using my pc's OS??
    Since it has USB host abilities, you can just pop it on a flash drive from your PC and plug it into the Lapdesk to copy to the phone's internal memory.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

As was said, you could use a flash drive (aka sneakernet) or I would suggest installing Dropbox on your phone and PC. Then you could just drag and drop.

I was thinking that you should be able to access the PC's hdd from the "phone skin" on the PC - kind of like how the sdcard becomes a removable disk drive when mounted to the PC, only the reverse/mirror of that.

Sent from my Droid using Android.net App

My name is not Kate; but I am all Husker!

"You really know how to cover your butt Gillette; but those pants are a huge mistake." -- Irwin Fletcher, "Fletch"

I think you still misunderstand. Phone goes into lapdock and the webtop app loads. You now have your phone with a 11.6 in screen, a full size keyboard and a trackpad. You have access to your phone and a full version of Firefox. If a file is on your PC, it is on a different device.

That's what I have been asking - has this been confirmed? Secondarily, it seems to me that it would make sense to allow you to copy files while in lapdock mode. I understand they are different devices (in essence). But, when I want to transfer files between my phone and PC, I can do so with USB cable. So, what you're telling me is that while I have the phone in lapdock, and I want to get a file from the PC hdd, I have to disconnect the phone from lapdock (or otherwise disable application) mount the phone to the PC, and then copy the files. Then, I have to rengage the lapdock. See what I mean - doesn't that seem rather inefficient and unnecessary???

Sent from my Droid using Android.net App

My name is not Kate; but I am all Husker!

"You really know how to cover your butt Gillette; but those pants are a huge mistake." -- Irwin Fletcher, "Fletch"

this one looks some what like sgs2 and XT882 but as compared to other iphones (well i personally love iphones and i am currently using iphone 4) i feel its lot better (even iphone 4 has 3.5 inch screen and as per atrix's specs it has got 4 inch screen so obviously it will gonna have better screen resolution as compared to these iphones). What it mainly lacks is latest android version as compared to galaxy s2 which has got anroid 2.3 while this motorola atrix has only 2.2 but dont know if there will be an update for it.

The update to 2.3.4 (!) is due any time now. The July time frame has been cited for quite a while now, even though not confirmed by Motorola or AT&T.
    Last edited by WERA689; 07-02-2011 at 01:01 PM.

I just got one with an upgrade i love it

Sent from my MB860 using Android.net

I also agree that it is the world's most powerful Smartphone due to its features. It delivers a remarkable combination of application processing power, 4G network speeds and a high resolution display.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links