New Motorola Atrix - World's Most Powerful Smartphone

This is a discussion on New Motorola Atrix - World's Most Powerful Smartphone within the Motorola Atrix forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Marc Saltzman is excited to share his review on the all-new Motorola Atrix Smartphone. This cell phone has tons of new features under the hood ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Motorola Atrix - World's Most Powerful Smartphone

Twitter
    droidforums

New Motorola Atrix - World's Most Powerful Smartphone

Marc Saltzman is excited to share his review on the all-new Motorola Atrix Smartphone. This cell phone has tons of new features under the hood and currently the world's most powerful smartphone with dual core processors. This Android powered device has great versatility. Connect to all your media devices to simplify your digital life in HD or High Definition quality. Watch the video for all the details.
    scrounger likes this.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

rather impressive. i'm starting to like this more and more; and the fact that it will be coming to VZW before the end of the year makes it more tempting. still want to see what the Bionic can do, tho.

one question that popped into my head when discussing the lapdock: when running the lapdock, and essentially operating your phone thru your laptop, does it allow you to pass info/files between the laptop hard drive and the phone??

p.s. to pc747: did you see that sexy motoblur on it?!

EDIT: ok, my question seems kinda stupid. the answer seems intuitive, but what i think is intuitive and what a Moto thinks is intuitive don't always coincide. what i was envisioning was using the phone thru the laptop, in lapdock mode, and realizing that i need some file from my pc's hard drive. can i just pull up the pc's directory while in lapdock mode and get the file? or, do i have to exit out of lapdock mode, go into pc mode, get file and copy to phone, then exit out of pc mode and go back into lapdock mode?? i didn't see an answer in any of the demos...
    Last edited by huskerkate; 02-02-2011 at 11:14 AM.

My name is not Kate; but I am all Husker!

"You really know how to cover your butt Gillette; but those pants are a huge mistake." -- Irwin Fletcher, "Fletch"

Twitter
    gemguyjon
    Where did you hear that it will be coming to Verizon?

miami1683 got an insider tip that the Atrix is definitely coming to VZW in Q4. there's a thread in here about it, and one over on DF.

"You really know how to cover your butt Gillette; but those pants are a huge mistake." -- Irwin Fletcher, "Fletch"

Huskerkate, its that Q4 fiscal or calendar year?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    New to Android or just need a refresher course, Abe has you covered
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Android.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

calendar - so, sometime around Oct - Dec 2011. you better be good for Santa!

Twitter
    gemguyjon
    Interesting...

i'm still a little confused as to why VZW would release the Bionic and the Atrix so close in time to each other. but, rumor is that the Bionic may now be launching early in Q2 (again, according to miami's source) instead of end of Q2 - so that would give VZW direct competition with AT&T's Atrix; and then there would be at least 6-8 months before the Atrix also came to VZW. in this day and age, 6 months between smartphone launches is almost an eternity... also, it appears as if the Atrix may have features aimed more at attracting the security-conscious business/corporate users. either way, with these two beasts from Moto, the DX2, the D3, the TB, the Inc2/HD, etc - it's gonna be a wild ride this year!!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    rather impressive. i'm starting to like this more and more; and the fact that it will be coming to VZW before the end of the year makes it more tempting. still want to see what the Bionic can do, tho.

one question that popped into my head when discussing the lapdock: when running the lapdock, and essentially operating your phone thru your laptop, does it allow you to pass info/files between the laptop hard drive and the phone??

p.s. to pc747: did you see that sexy motoblur on it?!

EDIT: ok, my question seems kinda stupid. the answer seems intuitive, but what i think is intuitive and what a Moto thinks is intuitive don't always coincide. what i was envisioning was using the phone thru the laptop, in lapdock mode, and realizing that i need some file from my pc's hard drive. can i just pull up the pc's directory while in lapdock mode and get the file? or, do i have to exit out of lapdock mode, go into pc mode, get file and copy to phone, then exit out of pc mode and go back into lapdock mode?? i didn't see an answer in any of the demos...
    The lapdock is simply a dumb-terminal. It has a screen, battery, usb ports, and probably audio hookups, but no HDD or OS. Everything you see on the Lapdock's screen is being done on the phone itself, so any files modified are the actual ones on the phone.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

that's kinda what i was figuring. but my question (and i know it was inartfully phrased, since it took me 2 tries and i still didn't make it clear) is this: i am utilizing the lapdock, and i remember that i have a rom zip file on my pc hdd that i want to copy to my phone's sdcard. can i do it thru the lapdock/while in lapdock?? or, do i have minimize/exit lapdock and copy the file using my pc's OS??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links