Why do people always say moptoblur sucks

This is a discussion on Why do people always say moptoblur sucks within the Motorola Atrix forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I have no idea why?? never used it per say but my atrix is on its way!! ( arrivesz tommorow) so exactly what makes it ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do people always say moptoblur sucks

Why do people always say moptoblur sucks

I have no idea why?? never used it per say but my atrix is on its way!! ( arrivesz tommorow) so exactly what makes it suck.... i mean technically i would think that the idea is actually cool

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Udecide View Post
    I have no idea why?? never used it per say but my atrix is on its way!! ( arrivesz tommorow) so exactly what makes it suck.... i mean technically i would think that the idea is actually cool
    Well the idea IS nice, but the implementation could be re-thought. The Atrix has enough power to where it shouldn't be an issue though... it's mainly the slower, non-superphones, that have issues with Motoblur.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    It bogs down the phone speed. Laggy buggy and has an ugly UI. Launcher will run much faster. But its all preference. You're getting a powerful phone. Motorola needs to make sure they utilize it to its fullest.

What Dorian said. It's mostly a performance issue for lower-specced phones. The Atrix handles motoblur just fine. I personally like motoblur, although there is always room for improvement. Luckily, with android, you have an almost overwhelming number of options for home replacements, so if you don't like motoblur, you can't really complain.

yes that makes since i used to use launcherpro untill I started using dorian's rom!!!!

I have started with blur. I liked it in the beginning. But down the road I have seen that it was slowing down the phone a lot. I switched my Backflip with Captivate. Even with the 2.1 stock captivate was a ferrari compare to backflip. ( I know it has faster cpu. But still was not unleashed until I start using Dorian's ROM.) But stock Iu didn't impress me. But there is one stock iu that I would not change for nothing. HTC Sense. After I got my Inspire I have realized what is all the talk about. Once you use sense you will not like any other skin.

I have enjoyed Motoblur personally. I love it. I have no complaints. I even did not complain when it ran on my Crapflip :P. I love the ease of use, the ability to *laugh* at iphoneys and tell them how simple it is to get back oh....stuff like my CONTACTS!!! and more!

Sure, it may not be the best for all phones in a broad sense, but from my experience with the Atrix I think they make a good match!

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    MotoBlur issues include:

No way to turn off background services even if you don't use them

Reliance on a third party server that has had issues in the past. When the MotoBlur server screws up all of your accounts tank as they are handled through it. If you have facebook and twitter both you would expect that if the FB servers screw up you have FB issues. Motoblur adds another layer that can fail messing up both accounts.

Lack of control over how it behaves. They don't have enough users settings. Example - you can't choose on a per contact basis which source to use for the contact picture. It's difficult to sync with a subset of your contacts.

You have an account and they are running the servers, so why don't they have a web interface to control how MotoBlur interacts with your phone?

MotoBlur is resource hungry. Using a diferent home app and eliminating as much of the AT&t and blur stuff that I could both the Backflip and Flipside that I had were decent phones, running Blurhome was like an anchor on them.

There is no service that Blur provides that you can not get using other apps and services. The individual apps and services provide more user control.

Hopefully Blur on the Atrix is not as bad as it was on earlier phones. It would be nice if you could choose not to use it when you set up your phone.

Woah.. now that long out speach was what i was looking for pur reasoning of whyu??? i got my atrix yesterday and since i worked i couldnt really play with it to much but i am now and although i love it and it is zippy i cant help but wonder if i am handicapping my phone so what is the best launcher that is useful and appealing to the eyes.... im really big on making my phone look cool seeing that i show it off

If you phone is running smoothly and you aren't noticing any issues, then why worry about it? There were some performance issues with Motoblur on weak phones like the Backflip, but the Atrix should be more than powerful enough to not have any issues.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links