Concerned...

This is a discussion on Concerned... within the Motorola Atrix forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Well all I really need to know is can I update it if it's rooted ota is not really that important! Sent from my MB860 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concerned...

Well all I really need to know is can I update it if it's rooted ota is not really that important!
    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Udecide View Post
    Well all I really need to know is can I update it if it's rooted ota is not really that important!
    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

welllll, OTA's are updates. I'm not sure what you're trying to ask. You mean update manually? Yes. But it also depends on what kind of updates you implying. Systems Updates? Apps? I mean you did ask about unrooting for OTA. I was just trying to give you an answer to what you asked, or asking?

UPDATE:

Tonight was the last straw! Atrix rebooted spontaneously, again. I went to the AT*T shop and a very nice gentleman helped me there. They had info in the computer under my account, stating that if I return to just outright replace the phone.

I am pleased with the replacement (it has been a half hour) just based on the facts that there aren't any dead pixels.

So the rep and I were small talking...both of us being geeks, gamers ect ect. The time passed.
    Basically, when a phone comes out, and is 1st gen, expect issues

So take your phones back if they are giving you issues! Don't rely on thinking that it will be fixed later. Do it while you have the 30 days! Then, on the replacement, they begin the 30 day guarantee again!

I think if we "show" them that we won't put up with subpar product from China by returning subpar phones that they are charging us for...perhaps they may review their quality control??!

I did not want to have to return this phone. I am a nice person...but it just was giving too many problems.

So I thanked them and was on my way.

So wish me luck- I am keeping my fingers crossed.

FYI: when the phone rebooted I DID NOT have any installed task killers OR antivirus apps on it!!!!

I was not do anything except viewing photos!!!!

So please heed my warning! Take the phone back if there are:
    -spontaneous reboots
    -dead pixels
    -anything that shows operational/hardware issues

remember they want us in contracts! that means I have to keep this phone two years! so why not be uber happy with it?!

WERA689
    Truth and good advice, Ophelia! It's like sending back an under/overcooked steak...why keep it when you're paying for it and they got it wrong?

That said...mine's been flawless for almost a month now.

yeah-and one more thing: be nice to the people who help you at the shops. it is not their fault personally. most people know and do this, but where I live people are uber nasty. I was nice and I got great help.

It is not the guy's fault my phone was defective! :P

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Yeah Ophelia that pretty much any electronic. We love to buy the first hands on and we always end up with worse issues. Some more than others. It's always better to take back with hardware issues vs software. Most case Software can be fixed with firmware. Anything hardware I just return. I never hesitate returning electronics. Especially for the prices we pay for all the new stuff.

But it's great that you got it replace. Enjoy the Android. We're #1 Woo Hoo.

#charliesheenwinning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links