Concerned...

This is a discussion on Concerned... within the Motorola Atrix forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Hello everyone, I have been lurking when I have had the chance, for about a week on the boards here. I decided to join. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concerned...

Question Concerned...

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking when I have had the chance, for about a week on the boards here. I decided to join.

I am concerned.

I bought the Motorola Atrix 4G last week at the AT&T shop. It has spontaneously rebooted itself perhaps twice.

Just a few minutes ago, while in Yahoo messenger and choosing my avatar, the phone rebooted spontaneously again!

Not only did it reboot, but when it came back on, the bottom lights were not lit (the option, home, back , and search lights)
    There was the faintest light near the options button but that could simply be light emitted from the qHD screen backlight perhaps.

I am very worried.

Is this happening to anybody else?

Is this normal?

I hope I do not have to return my Atrix. How would I explain it to them, and it would not do the behavior at the store for all I know!

So, I could use any help...

Thanks so much!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

WERA689
    Don't worry too much, Ophelia. It does sound like you got a defective phone. My Atrix hasn't done anything like that so far. You should have no problems exchanging your Atrix at the store...generally, they're pretty good about that. Your explanation here should be more than enough to get the job done.

Post back with your results, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Don't worry too much, Ophelia. It does sound like you got a defective phone. My Atrix hasn't done anything like that so far. You should have no problems exchanging your Atrix at the store...generally, they're pretty good about that. Your explanation here should be more than enough to get the job done.

Post back with your results, ok?

I went to the AT&T shop yesterday. The man there gave me a new SIM card....so far it has been ok. He said that if I have anymore issues that he noted my account....they will then replace the phone no questions asked.

Hoping I do not need to do that!

dandroid
    Glad to hear they took care of you. I also picked up an Atrix last week and haven't had any problems like that. Be sure to let us know if it happens again.

Other then the problems you mentioned, how are you liking the phone?

I am having an issue with the music program stopping sometimes..... it doesnt force close and everything runs fine.... but it is like something is killing the proces maybe idk

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Glad to hear they took care of you. I also picked up an Atrix last week and haven't had any problems like that. Be sure to let us know if it happens again.

Other then the problems you mentioned, how are you liking the phone?
    Dan,

I am enjoying the phone so far! I do have 2-3 dead pixels. They are only noticeable when the screen is completely black! That is not often, and I just don't find it ethical to return a phone that was sold to me at a discounted price when the display is fine.
    Folks may wanna check their phones. I am a woman and very particular....so the casual person probably would not notice something like this!

Other than that minor matter, I love the phone! The speed is great. I did not buy the "laptop" dock. Just no point...no offense. The phone is great as it is for the web! The screen is big enough for me and I love portability!

I wonder if I can just outright plug the phone to my tv via the HDMI cable provided...I will give it a whirl.

I am loving the Tegra 2

I watch shows on my phone and also multi task...

I am disappointed with the VGA front cam- I wanna look my best on camming myself!! Shucks! LOL!

I am hard to please I guess...but this phone does get a solid 4.5 stars from me!

Being able to use the phone in bed without my glasses is a great thing - it is sharp enough to enjoy! woot!

I am contemplating rooting the phone....but with the history of this unit so far, I may just wait until Gingerbread is deployed.

I already rooted.... I hoped I can still get ginger bread!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

WERA689
    If you used SuperOneClick, unrooting is just as easy as rooting.

So all it takes is unrooting for an ota

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Udecide View Post
    So all it takes is unrooting for an ota

I've heard mixed stories about this. I've heard if you root just to get superuser access you will still receive MFR OTA's. I've also heard, however that if you do root and delete system apps like U Live and My AT&T that you won't get the updates. I know the first should hold true as I've know many people with rooted Nexus 1 for superuser access getting OTA's. I don't know about the 2nd option. But you have to take in account also that Nexus One was MFR dependent, so I don't know if the 1st option will hold true with these subsidized phones.

Also, if not mistaken if you change recovery like ClockWorkMod, you don't be able to install the OTA.

I never relied on OTA with my Nexus One. They took to long, and Google is Sporadic with who get the OTA's. I always just did them manually. But once I installed a ROM, I never looked back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links