New to Smart Phones and Pretty Clueless

This is a discussion on New to Smart Phones and Pretty Clueless within the Motorola Atrix forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Folks, I am way behind the technology power curve here. I posted this on the Atrix forum as well, hoping to reach some different people ...

Thread: New to Smart Phones and Pretty Clueless

New to Smart Phones and Pretty Clueless

Folks, I am way behind the technology power curve here. I posted this on the Atrix forum as well, hoping to reach some different people and answers here.
    Got the new latest and greatest Atrix a few days ago. I wanted the "speak to text" and GPS features. However, I just don't know what this is capable of and why I would want all of that stuff.
    I have a 160G ipod, so I don't plan on loading music.
    Can I get rid of the music section of this phone completely?
    I can surf the web, but why? I have a laptop.
    I can see the use for some things, like GasBuddy or a nav system. I have no intention of using FB or any of the social sites. Can I remove them?
    Why would I hook my phone to my computer?
    Another poster told me about "side loading" from the internet to my computer. How?
    Why do I need GMail?
    I guess I am just really in the dark about the potential of this handheld computer and am overwhelmed a bit.
    Also, I am currently in Africa, so there's not a lot of experimenting that I can do for the next month.

Any help, direction, links to the basics, etc, would be greatly appreciated.

I did see and saved the link to the users manual pdf, but it is too big for me to download with my current internet connection on the oil rig.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

WERA689
    Welcome here, too. I think you got your answers at Atrixforum.com, though.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links