Very Disappointed

This is a discussion on Very Disappointed within the Motorola Atrix forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I have owned my Atrix since about March. I am sad. I baby all of my electronics and am a total gadget geek. When I ...

Thread: Very Disappointed

Thumbs up Very Disappointed

I have owned my Atrix since about March. I am sad. I baby all of my electronics and am a total gadget geek. When I looked at my Atrix and noticed a CRACK in the bottom of the screen I was livid.

I never drop my phone, and I never put it in my bag with anything else whatsoever. I have a dedicated compartment for it while it is also in a case.

I was livid. I went to the AT&T shop and they were RUDE to me, nasty, and belligerent.

They did not believe me that I was honest about my phone and just said basically: you are out of luck.

Supposedly, this phone screen is made from Cornings Gorilla Glass.

After owning numerous phones with the same glass, this is the first and only phone that has done this

I am extremely disappointed and am sorry to say that I plan to return to the iphone because the iphone screen wont "just crack"

If anybody can help me on this matter it would be excellent and make me happy.

Are there any options that are REALISTIC for me?

I am deeply saddened because I loved this phone.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

WERA689
    If you can live with the possibility of doing without it for a few days, you might try contacting Motorola about it. I have no idea whether they'll exchange it for you, but it may be worth a try. Also, if there's an AT&T warranty station near you, it might be worth it to drop by there and see if they'll help. The do operate under a different set of "rules" than the retail stores do. Good luck!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    If you can get someone from AT&T to actually inspect the phone itself and look for signs of physical damage, like from a drop... and if the screen doesn't look like it's been cracked by impact, they should replace the glass.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

I have to say that I'm skeptical as well. Something would have to have happened to the phone/glass for it to crack. Unless you've been exposing the phone to extreme temperatures or something, I can't see any reason that the screen would just crack on its own.

Regardless, good luck getting it replaced.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    I have to say that I'm skeptical as well. Something would have to have happened to the phone/glass for it to crack. Unless you've been exposing the phone to extreme temperatures or something, I can't see any reason that the screen would just crack on its own.

Regardless, good luck getting it replaced.
    The Galaxy S GT-i9000 had a similar issue... since it has a physical "home" button, sometimes people will miss the home button and try to press the glass below the button and it'll snap... but that's the only instances I've heard of Gorilla Glass breaking so easily. But since the Atrix has a flat face with no physical buttons, I too find it hard to believe it just broke... it had to have some kind of impact. Maybe something in your bag or pocket hit it or put pressure on it without you realizing?

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

I've herd of screens shattering simply while lying on a desk.. Go figure.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links