***New Thread***Atrix, Netflix & Hulu

This is a discussion on ***New Thread***Atrix, Netflix & Hulu within the Motorola Atrix forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Hi All I'm planning on getting an Atrix in the next two weeks. I've been doing research and I'm aware that there is no Netflix ...

Thread: ***New Thread***Atrix, Netflix & Hulu

***New Thread***Atrix, Netflix & Hulu

Hi All
    I'm planning on getting an Atrix in the next two weeks. I've been doing research and I'm aware that there is no Netflix app for the atrix yet. However, I'm confused. Since Motorola is touting this phone as basically a portable computer, can't we play netflix movies/shows from the website since the phone has flash? In theory, shouldn't this be true for hulu as well? Why do we need an app for netflix as long as we have true internet capabilities?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Netflix doesn't stream video using Flash, it uses Microsoft's proprietary Silverlight framework (on a PC anyway). There is a Netflix Android app coming though it seems that not every phone is necessarily going to be supported. It is reasonable to assume though that the it will eventually work on the Atrix.

As for Hulu, that does use flash, and you may be able to get it work, though you may have to do some tweaking to get around any kind of trickery on Hulu's part to keep you out.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links