Atrix Android Development...

This is a discussion on Atrix Android Development... within the Motorola Atrix forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I'll be doing some development on the Motorola Atrix coming soon and I was wondering what you guys would like to see in a ROM ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Atrix Android Development...

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Dorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    between 850-1900MHz
    Posts
    885
    Thanked
    71 times
    Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT

    Atrix Android Development...

    I'll be doing some development on the Motorola Atrix coming soon and I was wondering what you guys would like to see in a ROM release? What type of features? AOSP? Widgets from another phone? Whatever it is, post it up, and I'll see what I can do!

    I'm thinking of helping with the development of CM7 for the Atrix, also.

    Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Junior Member GMan_attdroids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5
    H'lo! New to the site - was referred from Atrixforums... I own two android devices currently. Samsung Captivate, and Motorola Atrix 4G. One thing i truly miss coming from the Captivate to the Atrix is the notification drop down menu. I miss having the wifi and bluetooth and all that right there in the drop down... would this be possible to implement in a ROM for our Atrix? Also - the pattern lock screen... Would be sweet to be able to use that without the default lock screen interfering! :D

  4. #3
    Senior Member jmgib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,350
    It should be possible in a custom ROM depending on how much effort the author wants to put into it. There are a few options you try on stock. You can either add the Power Control widget to your screen, add the Motorola widgets, or you could install an app like Quick Settings which you can launch from the notification window.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

  5. #4
    Super Moderator Dorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    between 850-1900MHz
    Posts
    885
    Thanked
    71 times
    Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    I can definitely try to port the notification hardware toggles. I almost had it working on a DroidX but I got rid of the phone before I was finished debugging. About the lockscreen... I'll see what I can do, but I'm not too sure about that one.

    Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

  6. #5
    Junior Member GMan_attdroids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    I can definitely try to port the notification hardware toggles. I almost had it working on a DroidX but I got rid of the phone before I was finished debugging. About the lockscreen... I'll see what I can do, but I'm not too sure about that one.
    I'm Very anxious to try your ROMs on my Atrix. I've heard great things about your work on other sites, and like that fact that you stay away from XDA. From what i read here and from the reply you gave me so soon, I can tell that you are way more involved with your community than other devs are. I truly cannot wait until you are able to release something for our Atrix phones Thankyou for the prompt response btw!

    p.s. = What I was trying to say about the locksreen is - I just wish i could use the pattern lock just as I did on the Captivate without having to slide the unlock slider THEN input my pattern lock... its quite frustrating, you know?

  7. #6
    WERA689
    Guest WERA689's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    I'm Very anxious to try your ROMs on my Atrix. I've heard great things about your work on other sites, and like that fact that you stay away from XDA. From what i read here and from the reply you gave me so soon, I can tell that you are way more involved with your community than other devs are. I truly cannot wait until you are able to release something for our Atrix phones Thankyou for the prompt response btw!

    p.s. = What I was trying to say about the locksreen is - I just wish i could use the pattern lock just as I did on the Captivate without having to slide the unlock slider THEN input my pattern lock... its quite frustrating, you know?
    Hey...who sent you here? :mad:

  8. #7
    Junior Member GMan_attdroids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Hey...who sent you here? :mad:
    You did of course buddy

  9. #8
    Super Moderator Dorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    between 850-1900MHz
    Posts
    885
    Thanked
    71 times
    Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    I'm Very anxious to try your ROMs on my Atrix. I've heard great things about your work on other sites, and like that fact that you stay away from XDA. From what i read here and from the reply you gave me so soon, I can tell that you are way more involved with your community than other devs are. I truly cannot wait until you are able to release something for our Atrix phones Thankyou for the prompt response btw!

    p.s. = What I was trying to say about the locksreen is - I just wish i could use the pattern lock just as I did on the Captivate without having to slide the unlock slider THEN input my pattern lock... its quite frustrating, you know?
    That can be done... I know what you're talking about now. It's just some low-level framework changes...

    And thanks! XDA is just too cluttered and busy. I'll open a thread over on AtrixForums here in a bit. I hope to have a ROM out in the next 2 weeks...

    Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

  10. #9
    Junior Member GMan_attdroids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    That can be done... I know what you're talking about now. It's just some low-level framework changes...

    And thanks! XDA is just too cluttered and busy. I'll open a thread over on AtrixForums here in a bit. I hope to have a ROM out in the next 2 weeks...
    Looking forward to the release :D

  11. #10
    WERA689
    Guest WERA689's Avatar
    Be glad to have you aboard over there, Dorian!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

use motoroa atrix 2 for development

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum