Atrix WiFi Issues?

This is a discussion on Atrix WiFi Issues? within the Motorola Atrix forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; im with at&t and my atrix (which i got saturday) is an awesome phone. i love it. but pretty much the situation is, if im ...

Thread: Atrix WiFi Issues?

Atrix WiFi Issues?

im with at&t and my atrix (which i got saturday) is an awesome phone. i love it. but pretty much the situation is, if im not in wifi, my browser sucks. wont hardly load anything. but if im in WIFI it works like a charm! anybody know why this might be? Maybe? Thanks for the help fellers

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

WERA689
    Welcome to the forum, neighbor! I'm in Lawrenceville...where are you?

Anyway, first thing is to be sure you're set to receive a proper 3/4G signal. Go to Settings>Wireless and Networks>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names. The default, and correct one is AT&T US HSDPA. Make sure that's selected.

You should also get Mobile Signal Widget from the market. It'll give you a better indication of your signal strength than the "bars" on the notification bar. You'll get a reading in dBm that's more absolute. Also, depending on where you are, you may not be able to take advantage of the HSPA+ network yet. While the majority of Metro Atlanta has it activated, there are still areas that don't have it yet.

Hope this helps you start the troubleshooting. If you still have problems, post back and I'll see what else we can do.

Im in fannin county. Up north. And thanks ill try that

WERA689
    You might also run Speedtest.net, either from the app or on line, and compare your wifi vs. OTA speeds. Fannin , unless you're near the Interstate, may only offer 3G speeds at this point.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links