Replacement Phone Offered by Asurion for the Atrix 4G

This is a discussion on Replacement Phone Offered by Asurion for the Atrix 4G within the Motorola Atrix forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Went to AT&T store today to see what could be done about my Motorola Atrix 4G that's been experiencing touchscreen issues. The phone is 15 ...

Thread: Replacement Phone Offered by Asurion for the Atrix 4G

Replacement Phone Offered by Asurion for the Atrix 4G

Went to AT&T store today to see what could be done about my Motorola Atrix 4G that's been experiencing touchscreen issues.

The phone is 15 months old, 3 months beyond the 1-year manufacturer warranty. I carry insurance for the phone through Asurion (purchased through AT&T). AT&T had me call Asurion to file a claim. The Asurion representative informed me that since AT&T no longer carries the Atrix 4G the only replacement phone they'll offer is an "AT&T Impulse manufactured by Huawei" for a $125 deductible.

The AT&T store doesn't carry that model phone in their store (only available via ATT website). Has anyone else experienced this? I was told when I purchased the phone that the insurance was for the same model or equivalent. Told Asurion that the replacement model they're offering is unacceptable, but they wouldn't budge.

Is this standard procedure for Asurion? I feel that they've successfully scammed me into paying for a worthless insurance policy for the past 15 months.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I was happy with my Asurion coverage when I had to use it twice, but then, I got what I needed from them. I would no longer advise someone to pay for insurance month after month for any reason. It is just best to squirrel away the price of a new device and save the monthly cash outflow. JMHO

Got a question elvis - didn't you post this same observation over on Atrix Forums? I'm not criticizing - just curious what you want us to do. Were you offered an unacceptable replacement? Absolutely! Would I be upset if it was me? For sure. That being said, I'm not sure what we at this forum can actually DO for you, other than offer sympathy and moral support.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

I've always had good luck with Asurian. They however can't give you what they don't have. That's why the paperwork you sign when you opt for the insurance, says they will replace the device with same OR compatible device. Since your device is so old (in cell phone life) there's not much you can do. So either pay the deductible and get the replacement, or save your money and get a replacement that you want . Like Ultra Droid noted, you're not likely to get any different answers here, than what you got on the other forum.
    Good luck & let us know how you make out. :D

tap'n

Didn't post this to any other forums. I was just trying to figure out if anyone else is being low-balled by Asurion in the same manner I was. I've used Asurion in the past for non-smart phones and never had an issue. Anyway, re-read my contract with Asurion and they're supposed to offer equipment of like kind and quality. Rather than re-opening my claim with Asurion I just called AT&T customer support and managed to sign a new 2-year contract (9 months left in old contract and wasn't eligible for upgrade til Nov.) and for $100 I have a new Atrix HD that's supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I've dropped Asurion coverage and since I get to keep the atrix 4g I'm replacing the digitizer so I have a back-up phone. Crisis averted. I appreciate the replies.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links