Motorola Backflip protector case

This is a discussion on Motorola Backflip protector case within the Motorola Backflip Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I had the same problem, mine was black (don't think the color is relevant ). Took it off, and it works fine again....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorola Backflip protector case

I had the same problem, mine was black (don't think the color is relevant ). Took it off, and it works fine again.

Quote Originally Posted by montREALady View Post
    Thanks!!

I got another one last week, a purple rubber feel plastic one, and all of a sudden my calls were hanging up right away when I made them and when I pulled the phone from my face the screen didn't light up for me to end the call! I took the case off and it's working fine! It was most likely blocking the sensor. *sigh*
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Hmmm... interesting.
    I bought one of the 'cheaper' orange hard cases on eBay, and haven't had any problems with mine. It definitely does the job of offering protection. And it hasn't affected call quality at all. Maybe it's the rubber case? Dunno.
    The hard case seems to work well.
    Just an FYI...

Hope this helps other people looking for decent cases to protect their Backflip...

I searched like crazy for cases when I first purchased my phone...bought a hard plastic case first thing at the AT&T store that cost me over $20 and turns out it's the flimsiest of all my cases and yet the most expensive(I did buy it at the dealer after all, my bad). I also purchased one of the blingy ones with the faux rhinestone looking things on it, works fine but definitely not as good quality as ones I've seen for other phones, they used glitter to fill in spots and the case underneath shows through.
    Amazon.com: Silver Crystal Diamante Protector Case Phone Cover for Motorola Backflip (MB300)…
    I have a rubberized hard case in a girly color,I work construction so I need it to be sturdy but not manly and it is most certainly that. They are very cheap on Amazon.Amazon.com: Hot Pink Rubber Feel Snap-On Cover Hard Case Cell…
    I didn't like that the back was exposed (I work with paint quite a bit and it's hard to clean off) so I purchased decals from a company called Invisibledefenders to cover all the exposed areas with something functional yet stylish. Amazon.com: Protective Decal Skin Sticker for ATT Motorola Backflip case cover backflip-97: Electronics
    They have some pretty cool designs BUT when I received my decals, the faceplate decal is upside down for any decal that has a picture on it requiring a right side up orientation, if you catch my meaning..looks completely stupid to me that my faceplate would have an upside down heart on it(they include wallpaper to download that is supposed to work seamlessly with the decal, fyi..I couldn't get the wallpaper to the right size so it's just as well) so I sent them a negative feedback and just don't use the faceplate decal. Must have been some kind of disconnect in their design department to make such a mistake.

I just recently found a silicone case cover Silicone Case Cover Motorola ME600 MB300 Backflip Black - eBay (item 190409760103 end time Aug-24-10 14:38:36 PDT)
    and a flexi skin Flexi Skin Cover for Motorola Backflip MB300, Blue - Motorola Backflip Skin Covers that covers the keyboard as well..I am very interested in this one so if anyone has any feedback on it, I would love to hear it! I am also looking for a hands free cradle for my car that comes on a suction cup arm with a swivel head, if anyone has a good one, please let me know!
    Thanks!

I found a case they called silicone and ordered it... I love it. It's not quite as soft and jelly like that I thought it would be but it's softer than the "rubberized plastic".
    I ordered the case from Motorola Backflip Cases
    This case has a cover on the keyboard but it's not harder to push the keys and you feel the "click". The camera button, volume, and power button all are covered but they are not harder to push either. It doesn't slide around like the plastic cases do when on a slick surface in the car like the dash or console. Openings for the charger, headphones, speaker, mic, light sensor, and 3 buttons on the face at the bottom. I think this is the ticket!

I also bought the Screen Protector Kit from my local AT&T store for the Backflip. It cost 9.99 and has 3 protectors, cleaning cloth, and applicator card.

NO MORE NAKED CASE!!!
    That thing was horrible. The screen protector is easily scratched and comes apart after just a couple weeks of use plus the way it lays on the screen was just bad.

I got the Blue Silicone Wrap-on style. IT is semi transparent and the keyboard is easy to see through that part of the cover as well!
    Name:  backflip cover 002.JPG
Views: 101
Size:  29.5 KBName:  backflip cover 001.JPG
Views: 86
Size:  43.7 KBName:  backflip cover 005.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  65.8 KBName:  backflip cover 003.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  30.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just a couple more pics...

Name:  backflip cover 007.JPG
Views: 107
Size:  45.7 KBName:  backflip cover 006.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  53.4 KB

Is that Pokemon playing in the background?
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

Cool, thanks for the review and pics kellfree! I may have to pick that one up sometime.

I actually got the black silicone case off ebay linked in SanDiegoLil's post recently. I can't do pictures right now because I am at work, but if people are interested I will try to post some.

It is definitely an interesting case, but overall I don't think I could really recommend it. Interestingly, this case actually covers both sides of both sections of the phone, and you have to stretch it quite a bit to get it on. The problem with this is that there are two thin layers of silicone between the screen and keyboard sections when closed, and this causes the phone to not quite close all the way which bothers me... Just having one of the parts of the case on didn't seem to be much of a problem though, so you might be able to mix one section of this case with one section of a different case if you wanted to. The silicone that covers the inside of each section and the silicone that covers the keyboard are all very thin, but the case thickens up around the edges to provide more protection.

Since the bottom half of the case covers the battery door, it would need to be removed when taking out the battery or SD card. It is easy to see the keys on the keyboard through the thin layer of silicone on top of them when the keyboard backlight is on, but pretty difficult when they are off.

The half of the case that covers the screen has a cutout on the back for the backtrack. The long thin sections of the case on either side of the screen felt rather floppy which kind of bothered me.

So overall this case does have some pluses, but it also has some annoying flaws. In the end I went back to my trusty rubberized case

Kellfree, does the case interfere with the proximity sensor during calls like the other one mentioned in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by mcpweev View Post
    Kellfree, does the case interfere with the proximity sensor during calls like the other one mentioned in this thread?

I have noticed nothing out of the ordinary with this case. The phone acts normal in all situations so far. The phone works great. I guess the only thing I have noticed that I need to correct myself on in my first post... The power button is a bit harder to push... but not much harder. I actually like it because before I would pull it out of my pocket and the screen would be on (and sometimes unlocked). Now the button is almost impossible to accidently push.

I wish they could have covered the hinge/elbow side a little better. They could have covered it all the way up to the actual hinge... but then I got to looking at it. If they did that, the phone would not open all of the way. By the way... the phone with this case does close and open all of the way. I'm enjoying it and the wife is jealous.

I have the same case as kellfree, and have to say I agree with him. The case does not affect the functionality at all, and fits like a glove. About all I would change is that I would get the clear one instead of the blue one. The blue one does darken up the keypad a fair amount, and it is well - really, really blue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links