Need a good case

This is a discussion on Need a good case within the Motorola Backflip Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hello, I was wondering if anyone out there knows where to purchase a good case for the backflip. I found the snap on cases but ...

Thread: Need a good case

Need a good case

Hello, I was wondering if anyone out there knows where to purchase a good case for the backflip. I found the snap on cases but I was wondering if anyone has found a good case that really protects the phone. Thank you!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

rugged case for the backflip

Does anybody know where to purchase a good quality case for the backflip, I found those snap on cases but they don't really offer that much protection. I am looking for something that really protects the phone. Thanks!!

Is it to much to ask to give people more then 20 minuetes to reply? We dont sit infront of the PC refreshing the forum for replies.

As for a case, the reason you cant find anything besides the plastic snap on cases, is because they dont exist yet. The phone barley been out a month, if that. Be patient if you want something else. The snap on cases seem to be pretty good assuming you like hard cases. So far it is debatable as to just how effective hard cases are versus good quality soft cases(not those cheap ass Jelly Bean iPhone covers sold at Walmart for example).

And when you say snap on cases you mean the naked case or the Zagg? I have not found a Zagg yet to see how well it would work but I agree the naked case does not seem too good.

The Zagg doesnt snap in place. The zagg is sort of like a giant screen protector for the whole phone. So I meant the Naked Case, but not just the Naked Case but similar cases like:
    Motorola BACKFLIP Snap-On Protective Case - Dark Green
    This is pretty much the same shell minus any kind of screen protector.

Secondly, I never said the Naked Case was bad, just its debatable as to weather a hard snap on case like the naked is better then a high quality soft rubber like case. You can see a debate on hard vs soft here:
    http://www.backflipforums.com/forum/...soft-case.html

found a good silicone case!

I found a good silicone case from thinkbackflip.com. It costs $12.99 and has free shipping. I bought the clear case but they have a few colors available. When the phone is folded up the case covers the top bottom and sides of the phone except for the elbow. I also got five screen protectors from amazon for $1.99. I haven't seen anything else silicone so far.
    http://www.thinkbackflip.com/motorol...ase-10369.html

Quote Originally Posted by chanel85 View Post
    I found a good silicone case from thinkbackflip.com. It costs $12.99 and has free shipping. I bought the clear case but they have a few colors available. When the phone is folded up the case covers the top bottom and sides of the phone except for the elbow. I also got five screen protectors from amazon for $1.99. I haven't seen anything else silicone so far.
    Motorola BACKFLIP Soft Silicone Wrap-On Case - Transparent Clear
    Nice find! Actually, I have been quite happy with my hard rubberized case so far, but this is exactly the kind of case I originally wanted (used to have one like this for my previous phone). Any complaints about the case so far? Does the case interfere with hitting any of the buttons, hitting the edges of the screen, or typing etc? Actually I like the way it covers the area around the buttons, because I have a tendency too slide my finger down to far from the screen and hit them. And I think it's awesome that it covers the keyboard.

I assume when you open it up the back of the screen and battery cover are pretty much exposed, right?

Maybe you should just start a new thread with an in-depth review (with pictures if you can!), lol

I recently bought a case on Ebay, the one I thought I ordered didn't cover the screen at all, it went along the edges, but when I got it, it covered the top part of the screen with openings for the earpiece, Motorola sign and the sensor. So it went to the edge where the black part of the screen ended. I didn't make a fuss. Then it was a little annoying because you couldn't easily access any of your notifications at the top of the screen because the case would get in the way when you did the swipe motion to drop them down. Grrrr. Then you couldn't get to the power button too well because the case went all around it, so you had to be precise with it, annoying since you have to hit that button to wake your phone up every single time. Grrr again. Then I found when I was on a call and pulled the phone from my face, the screen wouldn't wake up for me to end the call or view call waiting! I thought it was another prob with the phone (this is my 3rd one), but then realized it only started happening when I put that case on. Sure enough when I took it off, the phone worked fine! Apparently the case was interfering with the sensor (for lack of a better word, sorry)! GRRRRR, this was the last straw!! I emailed the supplier and they said they will send me out a new one asap (and they did) and they apologized mainly because the image on Ebay wasn't what they shipped or what I ordered. They realized that none of their purple cases matched the image they had on Ebay. They're working on updating the image.

Here's the store:
    moderntechs items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

This is what I wanted to order:
    NEW RUBBER HARD CASE PURPLE FOR MOTOROLA MB300 BACKFLIP - eBay (item 250647028884 end time Jul-07-10 13:40:58 PDT)

This is similar to what I got, couldn't find a Backflip case image to depict it properly...note how the case covers more of the screen:
    HARD COVER PROTECTOR CASE RED 4 Blackberry CURVE9100 - eBay (item 310217195623 end time Jul-29-10 11:24:53 PDT)

Anyway, all of this to say be careful when ordering a case for the phone, stick to the ones similar to my original image, or if you like the other one, maybe a clear one? I got my replacement and it works fine, mind you another color, but hey. There's a rubber feel so it doesn't slip off surfaces too quick and it's a good feel in the hands. I originally had the AT&T Case-Mate naked case, but the screen part always detached at the seams, I must have went through 3! It's a waste of money, don't bother!

I bought a "Case Logic" at Wal Mart that really works well for belt clip and magnetic cover. It is good quality leather and does protect my phone well. I manage a warehouse and get my phone banged around a bit hitting it in close quarters, walking around pallets of product, in and out of trucks, etc. not a scratch so far. It is also fairly easy to grab the phone out of for calls, etc.

sorry its taken so long for me to reply. im very happy with the case. no problems at all. the case doesnt bother with the screen edge, buttons, or typing. yes when you open it up the screen back and battery are exposed.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links