Sandisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Card

This is a discussion on Sandisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Card within the Motorola Backflip Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; yep. I ordered my [ame="http://wireless.amazon.com/Motorola-Backflip-Android-Phone-AT/dp/B003A4HWYU/ref=cell_dp_upa"]Backflip from Amazon Wireless[/ame] earlier this week and paid $0.01 including shipping! So, any amount for an SD card would be ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sandisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Card

yep. I ordered my [ame="http://wireless.amazon.com/Motorola-Backflip-Android-Phone-AT/dp/B003A4HWYU/ref=cell_dp_upa"]Backflip from Amazon Wireless[/ame] earlier this week and paid $0.01 including shipping! So, any amount for an SD card would be more than the cost of the phone. Bottom line, is you pay what you must when you decide to acquire an accessory.

Mine is being shipped as well. I got mine for free from work. $200.00 is crazy to spend on a memory card. Im sure the price will go down in due time.. I was fine with my 16gb and if/when the phone gets rooted, the 32gb will come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by tae_254 View Post
    ...I was fine with my 16gb and if/when the phone gets rooted, the 32gb will come in handy.
    Why is that, tae? What will you be using the extra SD card space for when the phone gets rooted?

By the way, what happens when you connect a USB flash drive to your phone? Nothing at all, as I suspect? Or can the phone see the flash drive as additional card space, perhaps?

Just wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
    Why is that, tae? What will you be using the extra SD card space for when the phone gets rooted?

By the way, what happens when you connect a USB flash drive to your phone? Nothing at all, as I suspect? Or can the phone see the flash drive as additional card space, perhaps?

Just wondering...
    When the phone gets rooted it opens up many options to use the sdcard in ways that we can not at the moment. An example of that is to be able to install apps and run them from the memory card instead of the phones memory. We are limited on space on the phone memory so this will allow for more space for apps.

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    When this phone gets rooted and you want to use the Apps2SD hack, that difference will be very noticeable.
    What he said. There is a reason Moto loads these with class6 cards. Even if AT&T trys to disable apps from SD...

i picked up a 8gig card but i think its a class 2 =/ got the 8 gig because my iphone was a 8gig and with all my music and pics i only used 2 gigs

maybe all the extra memory will help the phone speed. I wouldn't be surprised if the phone ran alot faster even when you loaded it down with a bunch of apps and data.

The SD card is for storage space. You are thinking about RAM which cannot be upgraded on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    lol I wouldnt mind having one by any means, even more so once we get root, but I couldnt fathom dropping that kind of money on a memory card. I may pick me up an 8 GB in the future as I have a 2GB card atm, and while it suit me pretty well for the time being I think 8 GB will be the magic number for me.
    I also picked up an 8gb MicroSDHC memory card from Newegg.com. Works perfectly.

I can't justify spending all that money, but I could definitely use all that space. I have about 35GB of music MP3s, so even 32GB isn't big enough. The purchase price of the phone is immaterial. The phone is just a tool to access your data. If you have 32GB of space, you can carry that much more of your data. Since the card isn't locked to the phone, it's generally useful, even if you switch phones.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links