extended battery for the backflip

This is a discussion on extended battery for the backflip within the Motorola Backflip Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; So I've been looking for an extended battery for the backflip and it doesn't seem to exist. A company called Seido Online seems to make ...

Thread: extended battery for the backflip

extended battery for the backflip

So I've been looking for an extended battery for the backflip and it doesn't seem to exist. A company called Seido Online seems to make all of the extended batteries for android devices that I've been able to find, so I just sent them an email and asked them about getting an extended battery for our phones.

Are you interested in seeing this too? Shoot em an email, whatever excuse they might give us now they'll make it happen if enough people email them and tell them how interested we are in it.

The standard backflip bn80 battery is only 1380mah, most of the extended batteries are around 2600mah, we could see a LOT more use time on backflips.

customerservice@seidioonline.com

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yeah, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the problem with those double life batteries is that they are usually double the size and require a custom back cover. I doubt this would work with the backflip because the screen actually folds over the back cover, so it has to be flush or it won't close (although I guess you could do something fancy like make a wedge shaped battery/cover so that the screen was only held open a little bit).

I think they sometimes come out with higher capacity batteries that fit in the stock back cover, but these are usually a more marginal increase in capacity, like 10 or 20 percent instead of double.

Personally, I have had trouble finding even a normal capacity spare battery and a lot of other accessories for that matter... It seems like the backflip got off to a slow start, so not that many companies are making accessories for it. But it really seems to me like it's popularity is starting to pick up, so maybe more accessories will be released soon

They do manufacture extended batteries within the oem frame...just usually increases the life about 20 percent...

Quote Originally Posted by gtwcs14 View Post
    They do manufacture extended batteries within the oem frame...just usually increases the life about 20 percent...
    I'd take it. Twenty percent increased battery power can last me another 90 minutes or so.

I wonder if they sell external battery charging stations. That way you could have two batteries and be charging one while you're using the other and just swap them out when you need to. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
    I wonder if they sell external battery charging stations. That way you could have two batteries and be charging one while you're using the other and just swap them out when you need to. LOL
    Yeah, actually this is the approach I usually take with my phones

It looks like batteries for the backflip are starting to get a bit easier to find, I still haven't seen a battery charger anywhere though...

I'd take an extra 20%, where can you find them?

I don't think they are sold yet because Google isn't showing me a site that sells them.

You could get something like this.
    BN80 BATTERY+USB charger FOR MOTOROLA BACKFLIP AT&T - eBay (item 170493142104 end time Jun-02-10 11:19:47 PDT)
    Comes with an extra battery as well as a charger. You can just keep an extra one charged and replace it when you need to.

EDIT: Can also get a double pack.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2x-BN80-BATTERY-...#ht_1896wt_911

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links