Solar Charger for the motorila backflip

This is a discussion on Solar Charger for the motorila backflip within the Motorola Backflip Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Amzer 3500 mAh Battery Backup Solar Charger For Motorola, Motorola BACKFLIP MB300 - Fommy.com I came across this product during my search on a spare ...

Thread: Solar Charger for the motorila backflip

Solar Charger for the motorila backflip

Amzer 3500 mAh Battery Backup Solar Charger For Motorola, Motorola BACKFLIP MB300 - Fommy.com

I came across this product during my search on a spare battery for the motorola backflip, if anyone has purchased this please share your expirience with it. It looks like it replaces the battery cover but im more interested in the sturdiness of the product and whether it gets the job done at least

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Solar charger

I don't think that this thing replaces your battery cover. Based on the picture, it looks like it's an external power source that can be recharged via sunlight/AC/DC. It's interesting that there is a warning not to expose it to direct or indirect sunlight...:confused:

Caution

A word of caution on this. I have a solar charger that I used with previous phones/devices, and it will not work on the Backflip. Similar to the issue that other people have reported with the USB cable / car charger not charging the phone, either. The Backflip seems to be pretty finicky when it comes to the power input for some reason.

That's not to say that particular one won't work....

Yeah! my apple ipod charger will not charge my phone. the light will light up but will not charge. but my moms car charger and phone charger for her lg xenon works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpthangs View Post
    A word of caution on this. I have a solar charger that I used with previous phones/devices, and it will not work on the Backflip. Similar to the issue that other people have reported with the USB cable / car charger not charging the phone, either. The Backflip seems to be pretty finicky when it comes to the power input for some reason.
    Try shorting the two data pins (D1 & D2, pins 2 and 3 in the connector) to trick the Backflip into thinking it's hooked up to a wall charger. Of course, this is only a good idea if the solar charger can output 1000mA or more (whatever the wall charger is rated at) - if it can't keep up with the Backflip's charging load, then the solar charger's internal batteries will likely overheat, and/or the Backflip will refuse to charge when the current drops too low.

I once made a solar panel charger for my old Tilt, with a 5V regulator and everything, and when I connected it to the handset, it would say "charger connected" but the input current was less than the power the phone itself was using, so even though it said it was charging, the battery level would continue to decrease..

--W5i2

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links