Game Gripper for Backflip now available (but sold out?)

This is a discussion on Game Gripper for Backflip now available (but sold out?) within the Motorola Backflip Accessories forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Received this email from Game Gripper at 12:33 (central) last night: Game Gripper for the Backflip is almost here! You are receiving this e-mail because ...

Thread: Game Gripper for Backflip now available (but sold out?)

Game Gripper for Backflip now available (but sold out?)

Received this email from Game Gripper at 12:33 (central) last night:

Game Gripper for the Backflip is almost here!

You are receiving this e-mail because you requested a Game Gripper for your phone. We plan on launching the Game Gripper for the Motorola Backflip at 9am mst June 9th. Supply is extremely limited, so if you want one you will need to hurry. When they are sold out, we will take back-orders.

Thanks for your interest!
    GG LLC
    And sure enough, if you go to their 'Buy' page, the Backflip Game Gripper shows up, though it is marked as out of stock:
    Buy Backflip (game-gripper)

Not sure what time zone he is talking about in the email though, so I don't know if they are already sold out or if it hasn't gone up for sale yet... Has anyone got one of these?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It looks like it's available now. May just not have activated it yet in their store. I'm tempted to order one for myself. Would make it alot easier to play ROMS in (s)nesoid.

Yep, I just ordered mine

Interesting that the Backflip was the next device to get this accessory though (after the initial one for the Droid), seems like we are usually about last in line when it comes to accessories

Hmmm. $19 bucks after shipping is kind of high, but I would love to have this. I only play casual style games because controlling anything else is near impossible.

Well, there aren't too many Android phones with physical keyboards which I believe would be a requirement for an attachment like this.

I received my Game Gripper in the mail on Saturday. This is impressive since I only ordered on Thursday.

I'm equally impressed with the build quality. While the edges of the buttons on the undersides could have been smoother just a bit more, it's a very professional looking product and I'm glad to support the guy who makes them.

There's a problem, though.

It doesn't stay on the phone.

The first time I put it on, it didn't need to slide on, or require any pressure, I just laid it on the keyboard. It subsequently fell off. If you don't mind holding it in place, it's actually a quite neat gaming experience on the backflip, but for my nineteen bucks, I was really hopng for...something more. I want it to work. I want to love it, but I just can't. Even an elastic strap on the backside would solve the problem. It's so close to greatness, but falls short. For me, at least.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I haven't ordered one, but hearing that nothing actually secures it to the phone does cause me concern. I had considered ordering one.

So I've put a little more time into using the gripper. It's made from a fairly thick rubber, and I found that giving it a good firm bending prior to slipping it on the device really helps it stay on much better. I'm far more satisfied than I was in my initial impression. I opted for all black buttons, which I sorta wish I hadn't, but I also see myself ordering several other button sets at some point in the future.

The only new complaint raised by playing with it for several hours is that some of the edges could be a little more rounded. It could just be the way I hold it, but the sharp corners grow uncomfortable and even hurt after some time. Nothing that can't be easily fixed by a little time with an X-acto knife.

I didn't see the option when I ordered, but if the manufacturer offered some silver buttons to match the Backflip's color scheme, that would be pretty awesome.

There are grey buttons which look silverish in the photos. They may work.

Yeah, I would totally recommend the grey. I may order a set of buttons only if I can get them for less than the four bucks shipping. I suppose I should email the guy.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links