a/v out

This is a discussion on a/v out within the Motorola Backflip Audio / Video forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I purchased an audio/video out cable that plugs into the 3.5mm headset jack and then plugs into the red, yellow, white rca plugs on a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a/v out

a/v out

I purchased an audio/video out cable that plugs into the 3.5mm headset jack and then plugs into the red, yellow, white rca plugs on a TV. Is it even possible to get video to play out thru this, or did I just throw $$$ out the window? :confused:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Prolly just threw money away lol sorry man.I will try it with my a/v cable and get back to you.

EDIT:Well it will not work for video but to end this on a good note it does seem to work for audio so you can always play music from you're Backflip through you're home entertainment system.

Hahaha! Thanks SSeymour, I kinda thought so. I'm glad I'm only out $6!

It would be nice in the future they release a phone with video out and keyboard input. Or integrate the laser keyboard into a phone. I wouldn't need a laptop then. Use phone for everything when I travel.

I have a cable like that, it came with my video camera. It won't let you output video from the Backflip. The Backflip uses the extra connector on the plug for the microphone, if your headset has one. With the right set of adapters you could use a two-plug PC headset with your phone through this cable, though.

I am thinking there has to be a way to suck video out of the USB port, rather than trying to use the audio out jack. Hhmmm... wish I were a programmer....

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneDude View Post
    It would be nice in the future they release a phone with video out and keyboard input. Or integrate the laser keyboard into a phone. I wouldn't need a laptop then. Use phone for everything when I travel.
    If bluetooth keyboards gain more popularity, Market would have an app up for that in a heartbeat. But honestly, if I need a full size keyboard for something, I'll just go use my desktop. Can't see lugging around a full keyboard for a mobile phone.

Are you really gonna type out that novel while on the John?
    Don't speak to me of the crunch. You know nothing of the crunch.
    You've never even been to the crunch.

you can use the data cable to plug into your pc or laptop and play the video directly from the sd card. I do it all day long at work. just play most movies thru quicktime and play in a small window.

Forget lugging a keyboard around. I want this integrated into my phone.

I-Tech's Virtual Keyboard - A laser projected full-sized virtual QWERTY keyboard

Looking down the 3.5mm jack with a flashlight, I can confirm that there are only three levels of connectors (1,2,3) - which indicates that the jack can only output audio. There are two other connectors (4,5) opposite the three, but those are on the same level as two of the three, so they are most likely sensor terminals to tell the phone you've plugged something in.

1| |4
    2| |5
    _| |
    3|_|

something like that.. Unfortunate. I need to look into the MicroUSB spec and see how many pins are involved. If there are more pins than just the standard USB ones, it may be that other stuff is put out through the MicroUSB port, kinda like the HTC ExtUSB connector..

*edit* Nope, just 5 pins.

-W5i2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links