can i play my ditital dvd copy on my backflip

This is a discussion on can i play my ditital dvd copy on my backflip within the Motorola Backflip Audio / Video forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hey all im new to the forums and its great I've gotten lots of info on my phone (new to droid too). like the tittle ...

Thread: can i play my ditital dvd copy on my backflip

can i play my ditital dvd copy on my backflip

Hey all im new to the forums and its great I've gotten lots of info on my phone (new to droid too). like the tittle say, can i play some of my digital copy movies on my phone. i tried to search but found nothing, if i use moto link or double twist it just say it cant transfer files. i was always able to transfere those movies on my old Sansa 250 mp3 player and now that i have this phone i wanna do the same. thanks for any advise

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

depends how the video is encoded.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMr1 View Post
    Hey all im new to the forums and its great I've gotten lots of info on my phone (new to droid too). like the tittle say, can i play some of my digital copy movies on my phone. i tried to search but found nothing, if i use moto link or double twist it just say it cant transfer files. i was always able to transfere those movies on my old Sansa 250 mp3 player and now that i have this phone i wanna do the same. thanks for any advise
    Hard for me to tell exactly what you're having a problem with.

If it's getting the video files to the phone, connect your phone to your PC with the USB cable and transfer video files to the device shown for the phone on the PC. Hope that made sense.

If it's getting the video files to play on the phone, they have to be mp4 files. If they aren't already, use a converter program to make them mp4.

There's another recent thread covering various converter programs.

Hope that helps.

I would suspect it would have more to do with the DRM that the videos are wrapped in. I don't believe the phone supports playing DRM encrypted video, but don't quote me on that.

Thanks guys and looking closer at my issue it does seem it's a DRM problem

Long story short. No you cannot (LEGALLY) put your movies onto your phone.

If you really wanted to go through long boring and fairly technical process. Yes you can get the movies on the backflip, but it is such a hassle I wouldn't recommend it. If you really want to try i recommend googling how to rip a dvd to your computer then you would be able to just convert it to an android playable format if its not already.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Backflip format = MP4 with AAC FAAC audio at not higher than 160Kbps, and a video size of 320x480 with a bitrate of 1500Kb/s or less.

I recommend Handbrake.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links