installing apps not in marketplace

This is a discussion on installing apps not in marketplace within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hi. I've found an easy way to do this using Android Injector. It's freeware. Much like Sideload Wonder Machine only allows you to install multiple ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: installing apps not in marketplace

Hi. I've found an easy way to do this using Android Injector. It's freeware. Much like Sideload Wonder Machine only allows you to install multiple apk files at once and is easier to use. More info here

Or you can go the Sideload Wonder Machine way: Here is a thread I posted on another forum:

Alright, so if you guys are interested in sideloading apps, you know by now that AT&T has locked that option out, so we are forced to use the Sideload Wonder Machine. And I got it to work. My first app to install: z4Root. I believe that it worked, but I'll edit this post with results.

Anyways, here is how to get Sideload Wonder Machine to work:

First, go HERE and install HTC Sync. You don't need this for anything but the ADB drivers, so don't use it after you get it fully installed. (Sidenote - during the installation of HTC Sync, it prompted me to stop my anti-virus software to continue, but I didn't and nothing bad happened so just leave it on.)

Second, get Sideload Wonder Machine. You can find it at Android Central | Android Forums, News, and Help But you will need to be a member there to get the file for download. Follow the instructions in the post about that as well.

Third, plug your phone in and set it to debugging mode. You can do this by this: menu>Settings>Applications>Development
    Then, change the setting for the phone to CHARGE ONLY!!!

Fourth, open Sideload Wonder Machine. Then choose the APK you want to install. Click install. When the window pops up you should see something about your phone and below that something to the effect of "Success". If not, take a screen-shot and post it here to I can take a look.

Matt

EDIT: Z4ROOT ISN'T WORKING FOR THE INSPIRE FOR TEMP ROOT OR PERMA ROOT! SORRY FOR THOSE WITH HIGH HOPES, BUT THE APP CLOSES OUT BACK TO THE APP DRAWER BUT NO SUPERUSER PERMISSIONS.

I'm using the wonder machine in linux. It seems to be working but the app never installed on my backflip. I installed z4root. Is it hidden somewhere, not in the app drawer? How do I access it?

EDIT:

After formatting my phone and running the sideloader again I get this error:

Press enter to continue...

Found z4root.1.3.0.apk

Press enter to continue...

Pushing to phone...
    failed to copy '2-Place-App-Here/z4root.1.3.0.apk' to 'data/app/z4root.1.3.0.apk': Permission denied
    Pushed! You may need to reboot your phone to see the change.

Reboot your phone now? (y or n)n
    Exiting...

What do I do to get this to work?

When using ADB in Linux, you must run it as root. It sounds like you're not.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Yes I found that out the hard way (which of course isn't all that difficult) lol

I did then have a problem where it wasn't detecting my phone. I had to remove the superuser permission that was in the superuser app and then upgrade the superuser app itself. Then I was able to get it to work. Phew! I finally have a custom rom and loooove it! Sweet. Thanks for your tip.

I keep getting the "can't find 'z4root.1.3.0.apk' to install" error in my command terminal
    Im running on mac, the app is in the same folder as adb and my phone is debugging in charge only mode and running on 2.1

anyone know how to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by zik228 View Post
    I keep getting the "can't find 'z4root.1.3.0.apk' to install" error in my command terminal
    Im running on mac, the app is in the same folder as adb and my phone is debugging in charge only mode and running on 2.1

anyone know how to fix this?
    Have you tried downloading it from the marketplace?

Quote Originally Posted by dk10016 View Post
    z4root has long been removed from the Android Market. You can still get it here though development has been abandoned. It should still work for the Backflip however.

Quote Originally Posted by dk10016 View Post
    I have the file downloaded already. Its strange that its acting this way.

Quote Originally Posted by zik228 View Post
    I have the file downloaded already. Its strange that its acting this way.
    Just install the Sideload Enabler from the market and then just install z4root directly from your phone. It's no longer necessary to push apps using ADB.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links